Brady Misses 3rd straight practice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brady Misses 3rd straight practice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady Misses 3rd straight practice

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:32 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2535669

Cassel taking snaps in Brady's absence
Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady missed his third straight practice on Monday, but New England coach Bill Belichick didn't say why his quarterback was absent from Patriots training camp.

"Guys that aren't out here, it's either because of their practice routine or they are day-to-day," he said.

He wouldn't reveal which reason applied to Brady.

"We don't do the individual report," Belichick said. "That comes during the regular season when we do the injury reports."

Brady was listed as probable on the injury report all last season and played every game. He participated in all four practices on Friday and Saturday, the first two days of camp, but missed Sunday's single session and both of Monday's practices.

That left No. 2 quarterback Matt Cassel to play a bigger role. He is entering his second season after seeing little playing time at Southern California.

"Matt has gotten a lot of work through the spring and in training camp," Belichick said. "He's done some good things. There are some other things he could do better, but that's training camp. He's working hard. That's what counts."

He was less forthcoming when asked about how Brady has looked in camp.

"We're not going to get into big evaluations of players," Belichick said. "I think all the players are trying to get back into their timing and their routine and that goes for everybody."

The holdout of Deion Branch, Brady's top wide receiver, reached its fourth day Monday. He wants a new contract in the fifth and final year of his original deal and is subject to a $14,000 fine for each day he misses camp.

probably not a big deal, but its worth noting
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby theimitator » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:57 pm

I'm not liking the Pats offense FF-wise this year...Dillon or Maroney...No Branch yet, and, uh, Caldwell? Who is Brady going to throw to make points? Watson may be the only safe bet.

Thoughts?
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:59 pm

It's Tom Brady. It doesn't matter who he throws to.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:38 pm

Playing good NFL ball doesnt always translate into good fantasy ball, just ask Big Ben. I've thought Brady is usually going too high in comparison to Palmer this year, but this news will probably knock him down to appropriate value. He's still one of only 6 QBs I'd even consider taking in the first 5 rounds.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pjluva10 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:09 pm

I dont even speculate on Partiots players anymore. If it were serious they would never tell the truth about it anyways. I think thats wise in real life but it sure does piss me off for our purposes.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk