Return to Indianapolis Colts

Addai Impresses

Moderator: Football Moderators

Addai Impresses

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:03 pm

Colts RB Addai impresses on Day 1
Associated Press
7/31/2006

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - Rookie running back Joseph Addai may have had some rookie moments during the Indianapolis Colts first practice Monday.

But he hid them well.

Addai, the Colts' top draft pick, drew cheers from a large morning crowd when he ran right, found a hole and broke off a long run. When he finished, his teammates offered praise for the effort.

"He broke off a real nice run on our patented stretch play," two-time MVP Peyton Manning said.

All he has to do now is keep it up the rest of the season.

Addai is expected to share carries with veteran Dominic Rhodes as they battle to replace Edgerrin James, the Colts' career rushing leader.

The challenge now is proving he can run, catch, and, perhaps most important, pick up the blitz so Manning has time to throw.

If first impressions mean anything, Addai showed he can handle the job.

In one-on-one blocking drills against linebackers, Addai aggressively took on the quicker pro linebackers, and made only one noticeable mistake.

Afterward, Addai said he noticed a difference.

"It's a little bit different from college," he said. "There, the linebackers usually do one move. But these guys are real fast and get around the corner. I just need to take more reps."

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:06 pm

Outstanding news. First off, it's great to see he's on time for the start of training camp. Then he looks good on the first day, impressing just about everyone. It's obviously early on, but this is a very fine start for Addai. Thanks for posting that, MSB. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:08 pm

This guy is going to be a flat out monster in this league. No doubt.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:12 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Outstanding news. First off, it's great to see he's on time for the start of training camp. Then he looks good on the first day, impressing just about everyone. It's obviously early on, but this is a very fine start for Addai. Thanks for posting that, MSB. ;-D

Least I can do to help you out bro. You have been workin hard posting updates! That doesnt go unnoticed by me.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Outstanding news. First off, it's great to see he's on time for the start of training camp. Then he looks good on the first day, impressing just about everyone. It's obviously early on, but this is a very fine start for Addai. Thanks for posting that, MSB. ;-D

Least I can do to help you out bro. You have been workin hard posting updates! That doesnt go unnoticed by me.

Much appreciated, bro. Just tryin' to liven things up around here. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:45 pm

More on Addai....

Colts RB Addai will get plenty of carries in pre-season
Associated Press
8/2/2006

Dominic Rhodes may be listed No. 1 on the Colts depth chart. But when it comes to preseason games, there's a good chance first-round draft pick Joseph Addai will get more carries.

"Joseph, obviously, needs more time than Dominic does," Dungy said.

The Colts may make one other preseason change, too.

"We haven't been a big no-huddle team in the preseason, but we probably will this year," Dungy said. "We need to get him (Addai) more involved in that."

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby oscarx21 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:04 am

High hopes for this kid, hope he lives up to expectation.
oscarx21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:10 am

No posts since after his great game vs the Rams Thursday....

still high on ADDAI?
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indys_time » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:53 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:No posts since after his great game vs the Rams Thursday....

still high on ADDAI?

Actually I am, even though he had 3carries for 3 yards, and 1 recp for 12yds, he didn't have the A line block for him. Some backups were in there. And he never ran whenever the D was scared of Peyton lighting them up. IMO he only had 3 carries, you can't tell much. And his blocking and recieving skills are pretty nice. We will see as the preseason goes along.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:18 pm

Indys_time wrote:
Members Only Jackets wrote:No posts since after his great game vs the Rams Thursday....

still high on ADDAI?

Actually I am, even though he had 3carries for 3 yards, and 1 recp for 12yds, he didn't have the A line block for him. Some backups were in there. And he never ran whenever the D was scared of Peyton lighting them up. IMO he only had 3 carries, you can't tell much. And his blocking and recieving skills are pretty nice. We will see as the preseason goes along.

fair enough, thanks

but weren't the 2nd & 3rd def units in there for the Rams?

I agree that 3 carries is nothing...he needs to be in ther elonger for us to evn comment on him....look at Edge james...he had about 2-3 carries for -2 yards.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Indianapolis Colts