This year's drop-offs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This year's drop-offs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

This year's drop-offs...

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:08 pm

How 'bout a discussion of who we fear might drop significantly in fantasy value for this season?

A few ideas:

Randy Moss -- You could say last year was his big dropp off season. But you could also say he was adjusting to a new team, with an unsettled QB situation, and that this year will be different. If it's not, given his past greatness, we'll be talking about him in a different category from what he once was.: A first tier fantasy receiver.

Edge -- How will he fare in a new system, with a much less potent offense, away from Peyton's arm?

Deuce -- Slowed a bit, challenged for playing time, in a reshuffled offense: Is Deuce no longer worthy of draft consideration in the early rounds?

Anyone have other ideas?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:46 pm

Steve Smith. Everybody's expecting the world from this guy, and why shouldn't they - he took the league by storm last season. But since history constantly repeats itself, it's that the number one WR from the year past has a significant fantasy value drop - 250 - 1000 yrds even. Don't get too worried but something to consider when drafting your top WR. Good luck!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby loophole21 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:11 pm

I think some of the breakthrough WRs will have down years. Guys like Steve Smith, Santana Moss and Joey Galloway wil all underperform IMO.
loophole21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pjluva10 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:16 pm

Neil Rackers - First to pop in my head. Kickers arnt sexy to talk about but he is inevitably going to drop.

Trent Green - He getting old(with most of the rest of the offense). Add to that Herm Edwards, who is more conservative than his predassesor, and wants to run the ball 500 times.

Keenan McCardell - 80 years old, new QB, career high in TDs at his age. Hes going down.

Santana Moss - Maybe not to the degree of the above 3 but I have a hard time seeing him repeat last year, especially if Brunell gets hurt or looses his job to Campbell.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:41 pm

Edge is away from the colts, but it's not like he is with the Bears offense.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:46 pm

Shaun Alexander, I don't see him coming close to last years production. I wouldn't be surprised to see last yrs TD totals cut in half.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:49 pm

aussieboy wrote:Shaun Alexander, I don't see him coming close to last years production. I wouldn't be surprised to see last yrs TD totals cut in half.

Dayum! ...Thats harsh dude! ;-D
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Popcynical » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:52 pm

The thing that I love is that most people think Shaun Alexander are going to do much worse than next year than last year, and yet the expect Steve Smith to put up similar numbers as last year. Kinda hypocritical? Yeah.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Infidel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:54 pm

Agree with all the candidates here but in particular, S Smith. I just don't see the physical ability here for him to be big time yr over yr. When you look at the guys who are consistant, they are just bigger and stronger. Sorry, but in no order I have TO, Marv, Holt and R Moss ahead of him right now.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: This year's drop-offs...

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:58 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Randy Moss -- You could say last year was his big dropp off season. But you could also say he was adjusting to a new team, with an unsettled QB situation, and that this year will be different. If it's not, given his past greatness, we'll be talking about him in a different category from what he once was.: A first tier fantasy receiver.

i actually like randy a whole lot this year. i think arron brooks is a huge upgrade over kerry collins. i like the idea of brooks being forced out of the pocket, because of the bad oakland o-line, and just throwing bombs to randy. with porter(probably), moss and lamont, i see brooks thriving in oakland. should be a fun offense to watch.

also the raiders will probably be playing from behind a lot this year, which never hurts your wideouts.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk