Anyone else think people overrated Roy Williams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else think people overrated Roy Williams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone else think people overrated Roy Williams?

Postby RJ24VC15 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:32 pm

He is going early in drafts, right with stud recievers. He is a possible breakout reciever, but he has not proven he cam put up great numbers.

He only caught 45 balls last year, even for 13 games that is not very good for how early he is being picked.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:39 pm

The hype is based upon the system he will be going into, Mike Martz's offense is proven. Obviously I have my doubts that he will do spectacular given the current QB situation, not the best (but when has it been?). I don't like him but others will find the pick worth it, its a mute point until the season actually kicks off.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Crippler » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:15 am

I have personally not seen him taken around the stud recievers yet. In my leagues he usually goes a little higher than the rankings show, but never that high.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Billsbacker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:29 am

He has been going high, mostly based on talent - with Martz and Kitna, he will finally have a chance to shine. Harrington could have played with TO, S Smith and C Johnson and still not had any kind of passing game!
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:47 am

yeah, i agree with everyone else. I think that with Kitna throwing the ball, and Martz calling the plays, Roy is looking to have his best season yet.

Martz is a pass happy guy, so expect to see the lions passing as much as the rams did under martz.

And i dont think he is going with the stud recievers, I have him in a few leagues, all as my #2 WR. He has been going late 4th to early 5th round in most 12 team drafts I have seen.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bklik » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:14 am

Billsbacker wrote:He has been going high, mostly based on talent - with Martz and Kitna, he will finally have a chance to shine. Harrington could have played with TO, S Smith and C Johnson and still not had any kind of passing game!

The Lions let him play for 4 years before realizing it. If williams can stay healthy, and if his surrounding cast can stay healthy and actually perform, Id say that Williams could have a 1100/9 year. Worthy of a 4/5 round pick
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: Anyone else think people overrated Roy Williams?

Postby Paladyr » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:17 am

RJ24VC15 wrote:He is going early in drafts, right with stud recievers. He is a possible breakout reciever, but he has not proven he cam put up great numbers.

He only caught 45 balls last year, even for 13 games that is not very good for how early he is being picked.

Where are you seeing him go early in drafts with stud receivers?
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:41 am

He's showed that even with Bloey Harrington at QB he can still be a top reciever. Hes in a new pass happy system with a much improved QB. Yes hes a risk but it looks to me that all indications are that Roy is going to have a very good 2006.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MickDaddy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:22 pm

He's caught 8 TDs the last two years with Harrington at QB and he's in a much better position now. I can see him hauling in 12 this year - barring injury, of course.

MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JakeTrain72 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:53 pm

I think he is worth a 4th round pick and I am hoping to land him. He seems like a bargain in the 5th, but I can understand some people who will pass on him. He is very talented and a really nice target in the redzone. Throw in the fact he has Martz who loves create secondary problems and I think he is an above average #2 fantasy WR who is good enough to possibly be counted on as a #1.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk