Smiths hamstring hurt his Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Smiths hamstring hurt his Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:47 am

It certainly doesn't help. He was 3rd for me before this information and he might drop a little but I doubt he falls out of my top 3.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:55 am

mutantseabass wrote:
SniperShot wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
Billsbacker wrote:Too early to tell......he had the same problem in training camp a few years ago, and had a great season, so don't write him off yet!

You happen to have a link on that? Not calling you out here but for some reason I dont remember that.
Probably before Steve burst onto the scene in 2003.

Most people who are serious into FF knew who Smith was before 03. He did have a pretty good 02 season and was killer running back kicks in 01.

I just dont remember him having hammy problems before this.
You're right, 03 was my first year of FF and Smith was valued at maybe a late round number 3 WR that year? Muhsin Muhammad was the man in Carolina and Smith was kind of like a fantasy afterthought. I had heard of him but he was no superstar so people probably didn't go crazy over every injury.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Billsbacker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:03 am

mutantseabass wrote:
Billsbacker wrote:Too early to tell......he had the same problem in training camp a few years ago, and had a great season, so don't write him off yet!

You happen to have a link on that? Not calling you out here but for some reason I dont remember that.

Tried to find the site that mentioned this, but could not remember which it was (reading too many damn sites these days!).....
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:02 pm

Billsbacker wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

Tried to find the site that mentioned this, but could not remember which it was (reading too many damn sites these days!).....

I know that he tweaked his hammy in a June Mini camp. Could that have been what you read?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Quite the knee jerk reaction to drop him in your rankings after hes had a few hammy problems in the preseason dont you think? From what ive heard its not a tear. So im not too worried quite yet.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 pm

What worries me is that he was carted off the field. Meaning it may be serious enough to linger all season. I just do not like injured players, they always seem to "bust" even if they play all 16 games.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 pm

Meh...everybody including the strength condition coaches have a hammy at this time of year. My guess is they get a bit sore from not using the muscles and so forth for the winter in the way they are using them now, so they take a bit of a slow down in training to ensure it doesn't turn into anything. If it comes out that there is a tear, worry. But a bit of reported soreness is nothing to worry about...yet.

That said, I am going to have a heck of a decision to make with this guy. I'm drafting at 8 in a PPR league, and he is a very tempting target there. I don't think he will make it back to me, so I'll have to decide on giving him up to go for possibly Jackson and Caddy/Jordan/Parker (or some hybrid of those guys), or take that stud PPR machine that is Steve Smith a bit too early. IF the hammy lingers it will help me to choose, but if it subsides I'm going to have a whopper on my hands.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk