Is Lelie valuable as an Eagle? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Lelie valuable as an Eagle?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is Lelie valuable as an Eagle?

Postby theimitator » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:40 pm

Just saw this:

Jul 31 Lelie, who still hasn't reported to camp, may have hope for a possible trade to the Eagles, the Denver Post reports.
Recommendation: Philadelphia, already thin at receiver, lost Reggie Brown (hamstring) and Todd Pinkston (Achilles) to early injuries. Lelie's fines, meanwhile, have reached $56,000.

Rumors are swirling about this guy! 8-o
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:55 pm

I drafted Lelie last year... not making the same mistake twice.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:09 pm

Even if he goes to Philly he will still have to fight to get #2WR or maybe even #3.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:41 pm

Indys_time wrote:Even if he goes to Philly he will still have to fight to get #2WR or maybe even #3.

Have you ever watched Pinkston play. If by fight you mean, show the ability not to shy away from the football for fear of breaking a nail, then yes he'll have to fight, otherwise Pinkston would be out of a job, and good riddance.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Indys_time » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:06 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Indys_time wrote:Even if he goes to Philly he will still have to fight to get #2WR or maybe even #3.

Have you ever watched Pinkston play. If by fight you mean, show the ability not to shy away from the football for fear of breaking a nail, then yes he'll have to fight, otherwise Pinkston would be out of a job, and good riddance.

Still Lelie doesn't do a good job of getting open on short routes. He usually has 1catch for 40yds and thats it. Anyway how about Gaffney, who has impressed McNabb?
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:45 pm

Indys_time wrote:
maddog60 wrote:

Still Lelie doesn't do a good job of getting open on short routes. He usually has 1catch for 40yds and thats it. Anyway how about Gaffney, who has impressed McNabb?

Gaffney I'm hesitant to believe was just a victim of that Houston o-line, but its possible. Lelie wouldn't need to run short routes to be an upgrade at #2 WR for the Eagles. All pinkston does pretty much is run deep and hope to draw PI flags when defenders breath on him too heavy and he falls over. If Lelie or Gaffney could make 2-3 grabs a game, they'd likely be 20+ yards mostly, making him a vast improvement (still not someone I'd rely on in fantasy though).
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Is Lelie valuable as an Eagle?

Postby Paladyr » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:19 am

theimitator wrote:Just saw this:

Jul 31 Lelie, who still hasn't reported to camp, may have hope for a possible trade to the Eagles, the Denver Post reports.
Recommendation: Philadelphia, already thin at receiver, lost Reggie Brown (hamstring) and Todd Pinkston (Achilles) to early injuries. Lelie's fines, meanwhile, have reached $56,000.

Rumors are swirling about this guy! 8-o

They didn't lose reggie brown... he has already returned to practice and appears to be fine. What are you smoking?
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:54 am

There was a real good post by an Eagles fan a while back explaining their situation at reciever. i wish i could remeber where it was.

I fully expect Brown and Gaffney to be the starters. Browns more of a speedster and Gaffney can run the intermediate routes.

I dont see Lelie as a smart move for the Eagles. They have decent recievers and i dont see Lelie as an upgrade personally.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:22 pm

well, he wouldn't be an upgrade that's for sure. That said, if pinkston is out, they need a vertical threat. The only thing pinky could do was catch a long ball.

Gaffney, I don't know about. I have seen some good writeups on him, but still. We will have to see. But he and brown aren't total burners.

Sounds like this Baskett guy might be an ok move the chains guy because I heard his hands have been looking great at camp.

Leli isn't all that, that's for sure.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:07 pm

Lelie is better than Pinkston. I could see him putting up similar numbers to Reggie Brown if traded there. #4 fantasy WR.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk