League with 11 teams???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League with 11 teams????

Moderator: Football Moderators

League with 11 teams????

Postby AHill84006 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:28 pm

Has anyone ever had a league with 11 teams? The reason I am asking this is I just had an owner call me and tell me he has to work on our draft day. Our draft is THIS SUNDAY!!!! (I know, I know...its too early......but thats for another time). It is too late for me to find a replacement. Can a league be run with only 11 teams, and have it work out OK? I know we could do it based on strictyl points, but we have been a HTH league for the last 5 years. I don't want to switch it back now. Any suggestions??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
AHill84006
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:35 pm

Give one team a bye week every week.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:30 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Give one team a bye week every week.

Or have one team play two games each week - one against the original opponent and one against the opponent-less opponent. The team with a second game does not collect a win or a loss from the second game, only their original game counts for them.

EX: In Week 1, Team A is scheduled to play Team B, and Team C has no opponent so he also plays Team A.

Team A scores: 101
Team B scores: 100
Team C scores: 102

Result - Team A is 1-0, Team B is 0-1, and Team C is 1-0

You could also setup fun rivalry games this way by having the opponent-less team play each week against the team he is scheduled to play the NEXT week as well, so they have a back-to-back matchup to increase the trash talk...

Just setup your schedule as if you had 12 teams, only instead of the 12th team put X and then substitute in the second game for another team each week in that X slot...

Hopefully this is as clear to you as it was to me when I thought it up :-B
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:29 am

cant you just draft for him based off a ranking sheet?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League with 11 teams????

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:40 am

AHill84006 wrote:Has anyone ever had a league with 11 teams? The reason I am asking this is I just had an owner call me and tell me he has to work on our draft day. Our draft is THIS SUNDAY!!!!

Can't you just have a committee draft his team?

One year, a guy was getting married or something and we created a tribunal (dibunal?) to draft his team. When his pick came up, myself and another owner picked a guy. We did it using widely published cheatsheets and everyone was cool with it.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: League with 11 teams????

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:20 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
AHill84006 wrote:Has anyone ever had a league with 11 teams? The reason I am asking this is I just had an owner call me and tell me he has to work on our draft day. Our draft is THIS SUNDAY!!!!

Can't you just have a committee draft his team?

One year, a guy was getting married or something and we created a tribunal (dibunal?) to draft his team. When his pick came up, myself and another owner picked a guy. We did it using widely published cheatsheets and everyone was cool with it.

This is what I do for my work league, every year there has been at least one team that is unable to make the draft and he submits a cheatsheet and we draft the best available player for him, filling out his roster.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby 5 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:26 am

I was in a league with an odd # of teams and we used the BYE but that was a while ago when the commish did the scoring. The BYE was the avg league score that week.

It's not the optimal solution but it was all right...especially funny when teams lost to the bye.

Can't he send someone to pick his team for him?
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk