A question about a yahoo scoring category... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A question about a yahoo scoring category...

Moderator: Football Moderators

A question about a yahoo scoring category...

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm not sure where this should go, but It's really bugging me. I probably won't even be able to explain myself properly, but here goes.

In yahoo fantasy football there's a DEFENSIVE category that pertains to Kick and Punt return TD's. Defense being the key word here. Thing is, I'm not exactly sure what that category pertains to. Is it supposed to help or hurt my fantasy defense? Would it matter much if I just left this stat category out? If anyone may know what I'm talking about, a good explanation would help me.

And believe me, I know I sould retarded ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:58 pm

check what points you get for them...If that doesnt help I suggest its good for you, because total points scored is counted against D.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby mrg345 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:03 pm

It is for leagues that play their defense and special teams combined. Usually leagues will not reward for individual return yds or tds.
mrg345
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:08 pm

This category is for you to score points by having your Defense return a Kick or Punt for a TD. If you do not put a value on this then your defense will not score points for these returns.

Under the Offense category there is the same option - this pertains to the INDIVIDUAL who returns the Kick or Punt for a TD.

Also, note that there is an option to assign point value to Return Yardage under the defense - I RECOMMEND STRONGLY AGAINST using this option as it penalizes good defenses (who don't get scored on as much and therefore have less kickoffs to return) and rewards weak defenses (who get more kickoff return opportunities by allowing more scores). This is somewhat offset by the increased number of punt returns a good D will see but punt returns in general are not as successful from a yardage perspective as kickoff returns.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby cardiac cats » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 pm

thanks alot lmcjaho... I remember seeing this rule in our league last year and wondering what the heck it was. It really is a confusing category, because I wouldn't think my fantasy DEFENSE would gets points for an INDIVIDUAL player returning a kick or punt TD. Do I have the right idea?
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk