Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong.

Postby benm3218 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:59 am

Okay, the big 3 are pretty much agreed apon as SA, LT, and LJ. (in that order in my opinion) But, in almost all the online projections and in paper guides, Tiki is ranked higher than Portis. I had Tiki last year, and he's one of my favorite players. I love the guy but, I have a better feeling about Portis this year.

Al Saunders is supposed to be a genius, who can get the passing game going, opening up more lanes for Portis. Skins will have better/more options this year than in a long time. Portis has been close to Tiki's production even though he had a scheme that wasn't favorable to him. Now, he has an offense that should be really complimentary.

Tiki has pretty much the same system, but Eli should be better this year - thats favorable. Tiki is getting older....

Portis has better offense this year and better defense to let them run.

I think Portis is the best bet after the top 3 and I think he may actually crack the top 3. Why am I wrong? Why havn't I seen any real "experts" say this?
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:07 am

i dont know, i like tiki. I dont see portis doing much more than he did last year. He will never be a RB worthy of a #1 pick. Yeah, he did great in denver, but so does everyone, so that doesnt count. It appears that just about anyone can rush for 1000 yards in denver.

Portis will always be good, but i dont think he will ever be great. He will forever be a mid to late first rounder in fantasy football.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jayday » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:09 am

jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MickDaddy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:18 pm

After a bit of a slow start due to a new system, I belive that Portis is in for a 1500 yard 15 TD year.
Barber is about to hit the proverbial wall.
Father Time is a mofo.

MickDaddy
Starters - 12 Team Leauge

Delhomme

L. Johnson
W. Parker

R. Moss
S. Smith
D. Driver

R. Longwell

IDPs
MickDaddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mrblitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:20 pm

It really is a toss up to me, but if I had the number 4 pick , I would go with Portis, and I can't really tell you why, other than he is younger.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:20 pm

Only 11? It seemed like more. :-?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RJ24VC15 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:39 pm

I dispute the "big 3" concept. I feel like Portis is going to perform just as well as the 3 guys everyone has ahead of him.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:46 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:I dispute the "big 3" concept. I feel like Portis is going to perform just as well as the 3 guys everyone has ahead of him.

Shhh! I am all about the Portis in 2006. He's flashy, he has the guy who turned Priest Holmes into a stud calling the plays, he has a solid cast on O around him, and he has a D that will help make it attractive to pound that rock!!! Hop on the Portis train now before it leaves the station! ;-D
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Goozik » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Portis should also get plenty more catchs this year out of the backfield, Bring him up to numbers like Tiki last year, as for Tiki I do feel he's still a top 5 pick. But portis has the team spirit and so many other things pointing in the right direction right now it's very hard for anyone looking at the big picture to deny the fact that Portis > Tiki this year.
Goozik
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AcousticNut » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 pm

I actually have Tiki Barber listed as a Tier III RB.

Tier 1 - LJ, SA, LT
Tier 2 - Portis
Tier 3 - Tiki, Rudi, Jackson, Jordan

I think that Portis is more likely to put up #'s closer to the 1st tier guys than to Tiki.

My $.02
AcousticNut
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk