Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moose_ffc » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 pm

AcousticNut wrote:I actually have Tiki Barber listed as a Tier III RB.

Tier 1 - LJ, SA, LT
Tier 2 - Portis
Tier 3 - Tiki, Rudi, Jackson, Jordan

I think that Portis is more likely to put up #'s closer to the 1st tier guys than to Tiki.

My $.02

I can go for that. However, Rudi is about as sexy as a 1990 honda civic.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong.

Postby Crippler » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:36 pm

benm3218 wrote:Okay, the big 3 are pretty much agreed apon as SA, LT, and LJ. (in that order in my opinion) But, in almost all the online projections and in paper guides, Tiki is ranked higher than Portis. I had Tiki last year, and he's one of my favorite players. I love the guy but, I have a better feeling about Portis this year.

Al Saunders is supposed to be a genius, who can get the passing game going, opening up more lanes for Portis. Skins will have better/more options this year than in a long time. Portis has been close to Tiki's production even though he had a scheme that wasn't favorable to him. Now, he has an offense that should be really complimentary.

Tiki has pretty much the same system, but Eli should be better this year - thats favorable. Tiki is getting older....

Portis has better offense this year and better defense to let them run.

I think Portis is the best bet after the top 3 and I think he may actually crack the top 3. Why am I wrong? Why havn't I seen any real "experts" say this?

Huh? I've seen tons of people including experts say that he's #4. There's no chance in heck that I'd ever rank him over LJ, LT or SA though. Saying that he could crack top 3 isnt a very bold prediction (Chances are, at least one of the 3 will get hurt or underperform). But saying that he will specifically beat out one of those 3 is much more bold.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 17)

Re: Tiki or Portis - prove me wrong.

Postby benm3218 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:33 am

Crippler wrote:
benm3218 wrote:Okay, the big 3 are pretty much agreed apon as SA, LT, and LJ. (in that order in my opinion) But, in almost all the online projections and in paper guides, Tiki is ranked higher than Portis. I had Tiki last year, and he's one of my favorite players. I love the guy but, I have a better feeling about Portis this year.

Al Saunders is supposed to be a genius, who can get the passing game going, opening up more lanes for Portis. Skins will have better/more options this year than in a long time. Portis has been close to Tiki's production even though he had a scheme that wasn't favorable to him. Now, he has an offense that should be really complimentary.

Tiki has pretty much the same system, but Eli should be better this year - thats favorable. Tiki is getting older....

Portis has better offense this year and better defense to let them run.

I think Portis is the best bet after the top 3 and I think he may actually crack the top 3. Why am I wrong? Why havn't I seen any real "experts" say this?

Huh? I've seen tons of people including experts say that he's #4. There's no chance in heck that I'd ever rank him over LJ, LT or SA though. Saying that he could crack top 3 isnt a very bold prediction (Chances are, at least one of the 3 will get hurt or underperform). But saying that he will specifically beat out one of those 3 is much more bold.

Thats what I'm saying. :) I think he has the opportunity to beat LT and LJ but not SA..... We'll have to see.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk