Edgerrin James news....uh-oh!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James news....uh-oh!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Edgerrin James news....uh-oh!!

Postby bryan1327 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:37 pm

Edgerrin James - RB, ColtsSept. 24, 7:58 p.m.James did not practice Wednesday because of a bad back and could miss Sunday’s game against New Orleans. James also was held out of Monday’s practice because of the injury, and coach Tony Dungy is watching the star running back closely.

Fantasy Spin: James was downgraded from probable to questionable Wednesday, so unless things improve later in the week, prepare to be without him in your lineup.
Next 3: @NO (21st in run defense; 110.3 ypg), @TB, CAR. Bye week: 7

The next thing I go to look up is his back up is...I get conflicting reports that Rhodes might be ready to play...or that the "other" Rickey Williams might get the nod...with Mungo getting some carries..

Does any one else have any info on this?...

Thanks...
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:39 pm

I have heard that Edge may play, but I would not start him. I don't think he will play much, if at all..
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:57 pm

Sorry to be so selfish, but will this help or hinder Starvin Marvin production? I hope he doesn’t miss any significant time. I hate injuries, and was pulling for the battered gridiron heroes to return to form. Faulk and George don’t appear likely to do so, but Edge and Lewis seemed to be back to their old form. I hate injuries! :-t

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby MattC » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:47 am

This one is personally killing me . . . I have LT2 and now have to chose between Green or Gordon . . . Just picked up Pittman but he's on a bye . . . and while LT is healthy his O-Line is dinged, danged and dunked up . . . :-o not good down the road if Edge is out for long

QB- Ramsey, Plummer, Carr
RB- Edge, LT2, Green, L. Gordon
WR- Coles, Rogers, KRob, A. Johnson, Lelie, Wayne
TE- Shockey
K- Viniateri
D- Buffalo, Baltimore
MattC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby fim32 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:46 pm

killing you? this is killing me!

my 2 starting running backs are portis and edge... i was content with putting in my backup for portis as it looks like he won't be playing... dammit edge!

now i have to make room on my roster... given that i'll be dredging the fa list...
fim32
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Warpigs » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:48 pm

Who's the backup? Rhodes is supposedly in line to go next, but the hasn't been on the active roster yet this season...Is Mungro a better start than him?

I'd love your feedback on my WR post. Thanks!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby slowkidz » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:15 pm

Update...from KFFL Injury Report...

Indianapolis Colts RB Edgerrin James (back) didn't practice Wednesday but sources close to the situation have confirmed that it doesn't look like anything to be concerned about. James has a history of having "injuries during the week to get a pass to sit out of practice and this one appears to be along the same lines. The team will further monitor his status Thursday and Friday, but it doesn't appear to be too serious at this time.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby CC » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:38 pm

Slowkidz wrote:Update...from KFFL Injury Report...

Indianapolis Colts RB Edgerrin James (back) didn't practice Wednesday but sources close to the situation have confirmed that it doesn't look like anything to be concerned about. James has a history of having "injuries during the week to get a pass to sit out of practice and this one appears to be along the same lines. The team will further monitor his status Thursday and Friday, but it doesn't appear to be too serious at this time.

thank god
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ronzoid » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:18 pm

Do you think he will produce this week or should I bench him?
Pardon my Spelling!---I'm Drunk!!
ronzoid
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby z raptor » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:28 am

You guys are sad! I'm :~( My rb's are Henry, James, & Garner!
I've never had nor heard of 3 backs from one team go down in the same week. Absolutely amazing! I'll be starting 1 rb & 3 wr this week. I have Garner as the rb right now because he's listed as probable and Henry & James are listed as questionable. If James gets upgraded, I'll play him.
z raptor

z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk