Return to St. Louis Rams

Rams sign Moe WIlliams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rams sign Moe WIlliams

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Rams sign RB Moe Williams
STLTODAY.COM SPORTS
8/2/2006

With Marshall Faulk expected to miss the season recovering from knee surgery, the Rams have added some depth at running back as head coach Scott Linehan has brought in another former player from Minnesota.

Former Vikings running back Moe Williams signed a one-year deal with the Rams, the team announced Wednesday.

Williams has played nine of his 10 seasons with the Vikings.

Linehan was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Minnesota from 2002-04.

Williams had a breakout season with the Vikings in 2003 when he rushed for 745 yards and five touchdowns. He also had 644 receiving yards and three receiving TDs that year. In 2002, Williams had 11 rushing touchdowns.

In 2005, Williams played in just six games and started one, carrying the ball 13 times for only 20 yards and catching eight passes for 52 yards. Knee surgery in November ended his season.

Williams also was one of four players charged with misdemeanors earlier this year after a team party last year on a boat. He was found guilty of disorderly conduct, but a jury found him not guilty of two other misdemeanors -- indecent conduct and lewd or lascivious behavior.

Check back later on STLtoday.com or read more on this story in Thursday's St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:26 pm

Interesting signing. Hopefully, for Jackson fans, he doesn't take any goalline carries away. I can't honestly say I recall what Jackson is like in short yardage. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:15 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Interesting signing. Hopefully, for Jackson fans, he doesn't take any goalline carries away. I can't honestly say I recall what Jackson is like in short yardage. :-?

Jackson is a good goal line back. I think that Moe was brought just for his familiarity with Lienhans O. He may steal one or two but I cant see him being that much of a factor in the O.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to St. Louis Rams