Not So Fast, Pennington Mislabeled As Starter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not So Fast, Pennington Mislabeled As Starter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:40 pm

The fact that some sources had Pennington winning the job could be an indication that it's his job to lose. Most Jets fans assume that to be the case. Chad has been money for the Jets. A year and a half ago, the Jets were a botched field goal away from the Super Bowl. Chad had a great season (not a huge fantasy season by any means) to get them there, and Curtis Martin had a career year and was the NFL's leading rusher.

Last year was a disaster, yes.

But their offense will certainly be better than last year. But I don't expect anyone to pick their guys high in drafts, since the Jets never get any respect. They didn't even in Joe Namath's time. It's an international conspiracy. The Giants could go 1-15, the Jets 16-0, and the Giants would we all over the papers and nobody outside a few die-hards would even notice the Jets went undefeated. Same with C-Mart. The guy has been one the most amazing backs in NFL history for consistency and longevity, but people are busy arguing about never-will-bes like Ron Dayne and Ruben Droughns.

So I'll draft a few Jets, and wonder if I'm just a homer by doing it. But I won't get anything for them in a trade, so I'll hold onto them and at least one of them will have a good year. But I don't expect any of you to notice.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:56 pm

Today's update - sounds like he's a definite maybe now, lol
http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... jets-print
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:23 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Seriously who cares who starts in NY? It isn't like the fantasy world is itching at finding who it is so they can pick that QB up.

exactly...in 16 team leagues or larger he should be drafted as a backup, otherwise, not fantasy worthy
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:29 pm

It's not like it's impossible for a good QB situation to arise out of NY. Nobody thought Washington could produce a QB, and many doubted Bledsoe but both were fantasy relevant. Don't draft them sure, but keep an eye on the starter. A few 200/1 games early on could be a precurser to some 300/2s when they get behind. Coles is a good receiver and McCareins can manage. The O-line could go either way.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk