moe williams to rams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

moe williams to rams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:59 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Sounds like insurance if nothing more. I didn't realize S-Jax was actually bigger than Moe. Only thing of interest is whether Fisher or Williams is the proper handcuff for Jackson.

If the answer to that question isn't clear by draft day, you probably don't need to draft either one. I doubt very much that anybody else would touch them unless it were a very deep league. Just snag one of them off of FA when a clear backup is established. ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ampant » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:03 pm

Seabass, that was a good post. I wonder if Linehan is just talking the player up, or if he values his role as a 3rd down back so much that he would supplant SJax.

Honestly, I can't see it. When you need the score, you give it to SJax. He creates waaay more problems for defense than Moe. I could be wrong though. I still doubt anybody but Sjax owners draft him.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby JavaDude » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:58 am

mikus wrote:This might be more than people are reading into ... Moe Williams was a very good short-yardage back in Minnesota, which translates well down at the goal-line. I really think that, if he's in shape and healthy, he can steal some TDs for SJax this year, maybe as many as five TDs.

mikus, over in the other thread you stated Williams would steal 4 TD's and now it's up to 5? Seriously, where do you cook this stuff up?
Why would St. Louis deny a bigger and more talented back any goal-line carries? Besides, Linehan has said absolutely nothing that would lead anyone to believe he will be stealing any goal-line situations from Jackson. In addition, Williams is injury prone. Case-closed, end of story. :-D
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:34 pm

When you read today's news, it doesn't sound like they consider either Williams or Fisher as being a potential #2 RB and that they're still shopping around for a #2
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby mikus » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:09 pm

JavaDude wrote:
mikus wrote:This might be more than people are reading into ... Moe Williams was a very good short-yardage back in Minnesota, which translates well down at the goal-line. I really think that, if he's in shape and healthy, he can steal some TDs for SJax this year, maybe as many as five TDs.

mikus, over in the other thread you stated Williams would steal 4 TD's and now it's up to 5? Seriously, where do you cook this stuff up?
Why would St. Louis deny a bigger and more talented back any goal-line carries? Besides, Linehan has said absolutely nothing that would lead anyone to believe he will be stealing any goal-line situations from Jackson. In addition, Williams is injury prone. Case-closed, end of story. :-D

Yeah I got a little excited with the five TDs. I will stick with four.

I am just saying watch this closely in preseason. Linehan has a history with Moe, so he knows more than anyone what Moe is good at doing. All I remember most about Moe Williams was how he stole TDs from other Vikings running backs.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Previous

Return to Football Talk