Favorite sport (besides football) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favorite sport (besides football)

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is your favorite sport?

Basketball
30%
Baseball
28%
Hocky
15%
Golf
13%
Nascar
13%

Total votes : 46

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:02 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Definitely baseball. It gets very little love over here, but I love following it and playing it, at least until football season starts.

I love playing hockey, possibly more than any other sport, but I simply can't watch it on TV. Live, it's pretty cool though.

My least favorite is basketball. I don't mind playing it, and was actually pretty good back in the day, but watching it is absolute torture for me. Most ego-fueled sport out there, imo.

I've attempted to get into racing, but I just couldn't. I really tried, because I love cars and know a few people involved in it in some form or another. Just couldn't get interested.

Golf...I can't watch that on TV either. We'll camp out on a green for a local tournament now and then, but that's more for the atmosphere and conversation than the actual game. I enjoy playing it to a certain extent, but it's definitely not an addiction for me like some people I'm close too. Pretty much the only times I play is when it involves work. I admit to being quite horrible, but I beat my boss a couple weeks ago with a 93. I haven't stopped talking about it around him yet.

Yeah good point about basketball being ego-minded, but that's probably mind favorite sport, followed by baseball, and Poker :-)
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indys_time » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:04 pm

Definetly basketball, it was my first love when moving to america.
There is just something about swishing a ball throw the net that makes it exciting.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:05 pm

Baseball for sure...I love to watch the Pirates even though they suck. :-)

Then hockey, then maybe other random stuff, then basketball... :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:06 pm

There's something out there other than football? News to me. ;-)
If I had to choose, I'd say baseball without a doubt. Grew up around it, loved to play it, love to watch it at the ballpark. But it's a distant, distant second to football.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:10 pm

citybirds27 wrote:Yeah good point about basketball being ego-minded, but that's probably mind favorite sport, followed by baseball, and Poker :-)

Didn't you start over on the basketball side first? I knew you liked basketball. I just can't stand it unless they're fighting. !+)

I like to play poker, but I can't stand the attention it's garnered and the TV games that ensued. We used to have nice, relatively civilized games years ago. When all the hoopla started, different people started showing up with their catchphrases and 'favorite players'. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people around here like that, but that's not poker to me. To me, poker was always quiet, dark, and concentrated. Now it's loud, with bright lights and smartasses.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Atog » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Soccer ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:20 pm

Atog wrote:Soccer ;-D

Commie. :-b ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:25 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:Yeah good point about basketball being ego-minded, but that's probably mind favorite sport, followed by baseball, and Poker :-)

Didn't you start over on the basketball side first? I knew you liked basketball. I just can't stand it unless they're fighting. !+)

I like to play poker, but I can't stand the attention it's garnered and the TV games that ensued. We used to have nice, relatively civilized games years ago. When all the hoopla started, different people started showing up with their catchphrases and 'favorite players'. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people around here like that, but that's not poker to me. To me, poker was always quiet, dark, and concentrated. Now it's loud, with bright lights and smartasses.

Yeah some of my "favorite players" are the quiet ones, like Phil Ivey, Men the Master. I hate the cocky ones.
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:45 pm

citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah some of my "favorite players" are the quiet ones, like Phil Ivey, Men the Master. I hate the cocky ones.

A friend of mine actually had a video of him and had me watch it. I was pretty impressed. He reads the table better than anyone I've seen and has a great memory. Freaking intense. Seems like he'd be cool to hang out with too, once he got relaxed away from the table, anyway.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 pm

Basketball!!
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner