Ongoing drama in keeper league, new question posed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ongoing drama in keeper league, new question posed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ongoing drama in keeper league, new question posed

Postby stepsinsc » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:52 pm

I've been venting about a situation ongoing in one of my leagues for a little bit. THIS post is not to vent, but to ask a question which is posed in the last 2 paragraphs. The question is basically this: despite my strong keepers, how much of a disadvantage am I at? The past posts about it are here:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight= (post asking who, from my team, I should keep. Has my full roster on it)
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight= (post about how to get commish to not change rules)

10 team league. Starts 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 RB/WR flex...so RBs are worth even more. Year 1 was last year and I dominated. Now, the commish tried to change the keeper rules. It was 3 for 3 years (no cost of draft picks). But I had LJ, Edge, Portis, and TO...all viable keepers. So the commish changed it to only ONE free keeper and the option of keeping one more in exchange your first round pick.

Well, I talked him into at least holding a vote. And I got him to throw in a third option: 2 free keepers and a third one at the cost of your 1st round pick. So the three options were:

1. One free keeper, second one at cost of 1st round pick.
2. Two free keepers, third at cost of 1st round pick.
3. Three free keepers (the original rule).

Six of the 10 people in the league voted for option #1. I got a vote out of it, but I'm still pretty pissed off. I feel option #1 should never have been on the damn ballot. Going from 3 to 1 free keeper is ridiculuous.

I'm not posting just to rant, I have a question. I have the last pick in each round (10th, it doesn't snake). I think that's the way it should be since I won. But I'm wondering this, given the new keeper situation, would having LJ and Portis be enough to overcome this disadvantage of having the last pick in each and every round? I'm pissed b/c I think the point of not snaking future years' drafts is to compensate for the fact that, at least theoretically, the winning team should have 2-4 of the best keepers. But now, while I have 2 stud keepers and I undoubtedly have to keep Portis at the cost of my 1st round pick, I won't get to choose until the last pick of the 3rd round and then the last pick every round thereafter. Is this an insurmountable challenge? I'm worried about the later rounds. By the time I get my first pick I don't know who will be available. Right now I'm really just so PISSED OFF I'm perhaps not being rational.

In the meantime, I'm trying to trade Edge and Portis for LT. If that was accepted and the commish didn't let it go through, I'd walk from this league for sure.

EDIT: sorry, I thought there would be language filters that would edit out my profanity
Last edited by stepsinsc on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stepsinsc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:56 pm

Language not needed, but yeah I personally hate any time of rule where snakes arent there, no matter how good the team is, they should do something like "worst teams picks what their draft pick will be or something" and you lose your first round pick, anything is better than this. :-t
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby suppasonic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:06 pm

Quit the league.
suppasonic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:11 pm

Edge and Portis would be a horrible trade.

Portis will play just as well as LT.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk