I hate my draft spot!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I hate my draft spot!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate my draft spot!!

Postby ateam » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:32 pm

Stuck with #9 in what will either be a 12 teamer or potentially 14 teamer (had 14 last year, and commish wants it again for the balanced schedule)...

Either way, 9 looks to blow.

I'm thinking, RB/WR/RB/WR...

QB's can easily be had down the line, and even many RBs, WR's are the thin spot I'm thinking, esp. since we start at min. 3 & poss. 5 with flexes...
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:16 pm

5 Flex?! jees...i would RB/WR/RB/WR/RB/WR and from there play by ear...i mean the whole time take best value obviosly...
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby ateam » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:25 pm

aaawall91 wrote:5 Flex?! jees...i would RB/WR/RB/WR/RB/WR and from there play by ear...i mean the whole time take best value obviosly...

In a 20 round draft we start:
1 qb
2 rb
3 wr
1 te
1 rb/wr
1 wr/te
and 2 IDP (DB & DL), 1 DEF, 1 K

Start 13, and carry 7 on bench.

Alot going on, fun league.

3 Strong RBs will go very far, but you don't want to have to start guys like Patrick Crayton & Justin Gage either...
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Atog » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 pm

Since you're in such a big league I'd suggest that you go RB/RB if at all possible. I probably wouldn't pass up a great WR like Steve Smith if he's avalible with your second pick, though.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FF Newbie » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:07 am

I play in a league similar to this. I don't think the 9 spot is all that bad. I'd take one of SJax/Ronnie/Edge/Lamont/Rudi at #9 (you'll have at least 2 of these to choose from) and then grab Smith/TO/Chad/Holt/Cadillac/Westbrook/Manning with your next pick unless one of the other backs falls that far, which I doubt.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bklik » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:09 am

Start 13 sit 7?! Wow, watch your bye weeks.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:14 am

I feel your pain. I'm 8 out of 12 and I am lost as what to do until I actually see who is left.

FF Newbie wrote:I play in a league similar to this. I don't think the 9 spot is all that bad. I'd take one of SJax/Ronnie/Edge/Lamont/Rudi at #9 (you'll have at least 2 of these to choose from) and then grab Smith/TO/Chad/Holt/Cadillac/Westbrook/Manning with your next pick unless one of the other backs falls that far, which I doubt.

I was thinking as a best case scenario I could target SJax and Caddy for 1 and 2, but at 1 PPR, Steve Smith may be too much to pass on.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:03 pm

I think 5th is the worst spot to draft in normal size (10-12) leagues. After LJ, SA, LT, and Portis, I'm kinda left scratching my head. 90% would tell you Tiki is next, and maybe so but I

A. Don't want to feel like I have to take him
B. Am concerned about the age, giving up TDs to Jacobs
C. Think there is better value 8th and 9th where I can get Brown or Jackson probably. Then I can wrap around with either a top flite WR or one of the few remaining "top 11" backs.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ateam » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:23 pm

FF Newbie wrote:I play in a league similar to this. I don't think the 9 spot is all that bad. I'd take one of SJax/Ronnie/Edge/Lamont/Rudi at #9 (you'll have at least 2 of these to choose from) and then grab Smith/TO/Chad/Holt/Cadillac/Westbrook/Manning with your next pick unless one of the other backs falls that far, which I doubt.

This is where I'm at w/ my thinking, i'ts the 3rd pick that concerns me most if I wait that long to take my #2 RB. But even worse, if I wait that long to take my #1 WR, then I'm scr*wed.

RB/WR/RB/WR/ is where I figure it'll be, possibly:

Rudi/Holt/Chester/Plax...something like that i figure.

I'll then need my later round skilz, as well as my savy deals over the course of the season to hit paydirt in December! :-D
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk