How many times have we heard it before? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How many times have we heard it before?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:00 am

Q: How many QBs in the NFL have the potential to pass for 3,000 and run for another 1,000?
A. One -> Mike Vick.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How many times have we heard it before?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:08 am

johnpax wrote:you think any falcons fans care about him throwing for 3500 yards? hell no. go list me the top 10 problems with the falcons. vick isn't on the list.

Yes, he is.

johnpax wrote:vick is not the problem. no one wants him to throw for 4000 yards. no one cares if he throws for 60%.

They should. Arguing that a QB would be better throwing for less yards and a lower percentage doesn't make any sense.

johnpax wrote:and you should tell steve young running backs are for running. oh and john elway. good arguments. lol. stick to ff nerd.

Please, please, please...do not compare Vick to Young or Elway. The comparison disgusts me. Young and Elway were great passing QBs that could run. Vick is a running QB that cannot pass.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:25 am

I think Mike Vick's mom is posting here. :-B
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Indys_time » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:01 am

Vick is a good QB. Fantasy wise he is a backup. In the NFL he has to be decent because he has a higher winning percentage in his first years over Dan Marino in his first few years. And to the guy who wrote the HUGE post. Well I see your arguments. Yeah Vick is the reason why the Falcons win most games. But he is the reason they lose most too. He sometimes tries to do to much. Make a guy miss and throw a running spinning touchdown pass. That usually ends up in a defenders arms. And just to say you said 2-10 without him and 3-1 with him that one year. That one loss was to the Colts. Do you now why? Its because when you put a speed D against a Speed QB, the speed QB will lose the fight.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:04 am

Sixxgunn wrote:I think Mike Vick's mom is posting here. :-B

LOL......she also has a bad attitude.....what a post.

Now Vickfan has someone to get his back :-o
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby gablefan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:11 am

Also Vick gets hurt alot too. How many games has he missed since being in the NFL? Last year at some point it was close to 1/2 ....
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:23 am

Vixtor wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:there's a huge difference between a great player and a great player to watch.

Usually the two are one in the same. Vick isn't a great player though, I agree. The weird thing about Vick is that his best season by far was his 2nd year under Reeves. Since then he's gotten worse each season. I'm not sure Jim Mora and company are utilizing him in the most efficient matter.

Notin was funnier than watching the QB pass competition earlier this year where QB's aim for accuracy and throw on the run and Vick looked like a Middle Schooler throwing the ball and i think maybe hit like 1 out of 7 targets.....he came in dead last and everyone was laughing their asses off at him....havent felt greater watching something like that inawhile.

by the way, most overrated player in the NFl is Vick.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:01 am

Keyser_WV wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:I think Mike Vick's mom is posting here. :-B

LOL......she also has a bad attitude.....what a post.

Now Vickfan has someone to get his back :-o

Shhhh...not so loud or you might be labeled...GASP!...a NERD!!!!!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:33 am

Hope that hamstring injury he suffered in camp yesterday isn't serious because if he loses his mobility, forget about it.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ejwild » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:35 am

I was perusing last year's stats and was shocked to find out that Vick was the 7th highest fantasy scoring QB in our league last year.

8-o

He was only 10 points short of the 4th position for QB's...this was totally shocking to me.

It has become almost cliche to rip this guys' fantasy ability, but I hope that trend continues...he will be a nice steal.

He would not even be on my radar...but now that I see how much his running and td stats add up...plus he and the falcons were down last year...

I hate to let this secret out...but I see the guy being a good value pick. PLUS you get the bonus of cheering for one of the freakiest exciting players going.
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk