McNair to Heap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNair to Heap

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNair to Heap

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:43 pm

Sounds like these two have a real chemistry going and Heap is already McNair's favorite receiver - and Heap is in the best shape he's been in in a couple of years from the sounds of it!
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... s-football
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Billsbacker » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:00 pm

Thanks for the link - this just reaffirms what I had been predicting! McNair loves TE's, and Heap is the most talented he has had - Heap will be the second highest scoring TE this year, and could challenge Gates.

If preseason continues like this, and Heap continues to fall into the 5th and 6th draft rounds, he will be a steal....
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:02 pm

Just judging by how often McNair utilized the TE position in the passing game last season with Troupe, Kinney and Scaife, Tod Heap should be a stud this season. Thanks for that link. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:05 pm

2005 Stats

McNair to TEs
Kinney 55/543/2
Troupe 55/530/4
Sacife(sp) 37/273/2
Total 147/~1300/8

Boller to TE
Heap 75/855/7

Its safe to say Heap isnt going to catch 147 passes this year, but I can see some increases in his stats as McNair likes to throw to his TE and Heap put up very good numbers with Boller throwing to him

Nice article ;-D
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:19 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just judging by how often McNair utilized the TE position in the passing game last season with Troupe, Kinney and Scaife, Tod Heap should be a stud this season. Thanks for that link. ;-D

I concur. I'm targeting Heap Big-Time this year, and might even reach to get him. If he and McNair can stay healthy Heap's primed for a monster year.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:33 pm

heap is my no. 2 TE ranked behind Gates. he could easily be no. 1 overall if the rivers connection just isn't there. He's been available well into the 6th round as of late.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:51 pm

skibrett15 wrote:heap is my no. 2 TE ranked behind Gates. he could easily be no. 1 overall if the rivers connection just isn't there. He's been available well into the 6th round as of late.

I should start eying him now
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:54 pm

He won't stay a steal if everybody doesn't stop talking about him so much! I think in the interest of FF owners on the Cafe, the mods should kill this thread and be on a diligent lookout for any other sightings of copycat threads like this. Spread disinformation! Heap sucks! McNair is already hurt! McNair hurt Heap! Boller is rumored to beat out McNair in camp! :-o
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:55 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:He won't stay a steal if everybody doesn't stop talking about him so much! I think in the interest of FF owners on the Cafe, the mods should kill this thread and be on a diligent lookout for any other sightings of copycat threads like this. Spread disinformation! Heap sucks! McNair is already hurt! McNair hurt Heap! Boller is rumored to beat out McNair in camp! :-o

And Bears suck :-o
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:00 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:He won't stay a steal if everybody doesn't stop talking about him so much! I think in the interest of FF owners on the Cafe, the mods should kill this thread and be on a diligent lookout for any other sightings of copycat threads like this. Spread disinformation! Heap sucks! McNair is already hurt! McNair hurt Heap! Boller is rumored to beat out McNair in camp! :-o

You may be onto something...

"I heard Heap was spotted outside practice talking on J Lew's cell phone to an unknown party about "hooking up a kilo".

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk