Stokley To Get More Involved Again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stokley To Get More Involved Again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stokley To Get More Involved Again?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:28 pm

From NFL.com

Elsewhere, No. 3 WR Brandon Stokley's numbers dropped quite a bit last season and Manning is well aware of it.

"Brandon is a great teammate. Brandon is the No. 3 receiver in the slot. He is probably a number one or two on many other teams. We're lucky to have guys like (No. 1) Marvin (Harrison) and (No. 2) Reggie (Wayne) that make so many plays. Brandon is an unbelievably unselfish guy, and at the same time, very competitive. He loves football and everything about it, with the blocking and the mental aspect. He understands how important that is. He is my roommate here in camp, so he is one of my buddies. Last year was probably a frustrating year because he came off this 10-touchdown, 70-catch season and had one touchdown last year. That's our fault. That's my fault and (OC) Tom Moore has made it a point to get him involved, because when he gets the ball in his hands, big things happen. That's been a point of emphasis for us, to get the ball in Brandon's hands to hopefully make us more explosive."
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:31 pm

he's worth it as a no. 4 or 5. I'd rather have him than Kevin Curtis this year. Rams passing game is just not going to be as explosive. More efficient, but no more insane TD bombs every game.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 pm

I have yet to have him in any one of my leagues...
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Sounds good, but until you see it on the field it's just talk.

That said, Stokley's certainly worth a flier, if for no other reason than the offense for which he plays. The Upside's definately there if he gets the ball.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:08 pm

Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:15 pm

There isnt a better #3 WR to have.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mrblitz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:58 pm

I like him and Kevin Curtis equally this year. I would'nt mind having either one as a 4th reciever.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby gablefan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:15 am

moochman wrote:Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.

Actually i think Edge being gone will help set up a more pass heavy offense.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:34 am

gablefan wrote:
moochman wrote:Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.

I agree, however the lack of Edge will allow defenses to play back on their heels a bit more and guard against the deep pass. IN fact defenses did that last year, preventing Manning from beating them deep. So the offense took what they were given, and Edge had a big year, and guys like Reggie Wayne and Stokley took the hit because of it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:35 am

gablefan wrote:

I'm not that sure. Edge was a capable receiver and a good pass protector, in addition to being a bigger running threat than Rhodes or Addai at this point. Ds will be able to cheat to cover WRs a little more and Manning may not have the time to look over all of his reads if the blocking breaks down. That could lead to dump offs to Clark or forcing the ball to Harrison/Wayne. We'll see.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk