Stokley To Get More Involved Again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Stokley To Get More Involved Again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stokley To Get More Involved Again?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:28 pm

From NFL.com

Elsewhere, No. 3 WR Brandon Stokley's numbers dropped quite a bit last season and Manning is well aware of it.

"Brandon is a great teammate. Brandon is the No. 3 receiver in the slot. He is probably a number one or two on many other teams. We're lucky to have guys like (No. 1) Marvin (Harrison) and (No. 2) Reggie (Wayne) that make so many plays. Brandon is an unbelievably unselfish guy, and at the same time, very competitive. He loves football and everything about it, with the blocking and the mental aspect. He understands how important that is. He is my roommate here in camp, so he is one of my buddies. Last year was probably a frustrating year because he came off this 10-touchdown, 70-catch season and had one touchdown last year. That's our fault. That's my fault and (OC) Tom Moore has made it a point to get him involved, because when he gets the ball in his hands, big things happen. That's been a point of emphasis for us, to get the ball in Brandon's hands to hopefully make us more explosive."
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:31 pm

he's worth it as a no. 4 or 5. I'd rather have him than Kevin Curtis this year. Rams passing game is just not going to be as explosive. More efficient, but no more insane TD bombs every game.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 pm

I have yet to have him in any one of my leagues...
Image
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2060
Joined: 9 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Sounds good, but until you see it on the field it's just talk.

That said, Stokley's certainly worth a flier, if for no other reason than the offense for which he plays. The Upside's definately there if he gets the ball.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:08 pm

Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:15 pm

There isnt a better #3 WR to have.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:58 pm

I like him and Kevin Curtis equally this year. I would'nt mind having either one as a 4th reciever.
Image


Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 12770
Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Having a coffee at the fantasy cafe.

Postby gablefan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:15 am

moochman wrote:Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.


Actually i think Edge being gone will help set up a more pass heavy offense.
Image
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1560
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: TN

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:34 am

gablefan wrote:
moochman wrote:Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.


Actually i think Edge being gone will help set up a more pass heavy offense.


I agree, however the lack of Edge will allow defenses to play back on their heels a bit more and guard against the deep pass. IN fact defenses did that last year, preventing Manning from beating them deep. So the offense took what they were given, and Edge had a big year, and guys like Reggie Wayne and Stokley took the hit because of it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:35 am

gablefan wrote:
moochman wrote:Stokely has always been a fav of Manning. It could be harder to get him more passes with the risk of Edge coming out of the backfield is gone.


Actually i think Edge being gone will help set up a more pass heavy offense.


I'm not that sure. Edge was a capable receiver and a good pass protector, in addition to being a bigger running threat than Rhodes or Addai at this point. Ds will be able to cheat to cover WRs a little more and Manning may not have the time to look over all of his reads if the blocking breaks down. That could lead to dump offs to Clark or forcing the ball to Harrison/Wayne. We'll see.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:46 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact