Td only league help please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Td only league help please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FF Newbie » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:04 pm

In that league format, I would actually target Manning in round 1 and Gates in round 2. Then take the best WR available and the Bears in rounds 3 and 4, and your RB in round 5. If you wait to take your RB until round 5, you'll still be taking your 1st RB before anyone else takes their 2nd. Take your kicker in round 6 and then your #2 RB in round 7. Everyone will probably dogpile on this thread telling you how stupid this strategy is and that there's no way you should wait until round 5 to take a RB, but this isn't anything like a normal league. If your draft plays out like I think it will, this strategy will be highly effective.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:32 pm

FF Newbie wrote:In that league format, I would actually target Manning in round 1 and Gates in round 2. Then take the best WR available and the Bears in rounds 3 and 4, and your RB in round 5. If you wait to take your RB until round 5, you'll still be taking your 1st RB before anyone else takes their 2nd. Take your kicker in round 6 and then your #2 RB in round 7. Everyone will probably dogpile on this thread telling you how stupid this strategy is and that there's no way you should wait until round 5 to take a RB, but this isn't anything like a normal league. If your draft plays out like I think it will, this strategy will be highly effective.

This isn't exactly a bad idea.

Since he hasn't said I can't know this for a fact, but I'm guessing he's in a 12 team league (thus the line "take the 12th best WR in round 6" with the assumption that everyone else has taken a WR before him) which means that if you must pick a QB, RB, WR, TE, K, and D you really need to figure out the top 12 in each category. If, by the time it gets to your 8th overall pick (and you get the 5th in the second round) and you don't like the RBs there--or more importantly they aren't distiguishable--then select an elite player from one of the other categories.

Pretty straight forward VBD concept there.

If QB Tds are worth 6 points though I think this is a no-brainer to get a top tier QB that's going to score a ton.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:04 am

we start 1 qb, 1rb, 1 wr, 1 tight end, 3 of any wr or rb, 1 k and 1 d

yes 12 team league. I thought about manning too, but im thinking gates wont make it back and the other guys will decide to take their wr or qb in round 3 and 4
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk