Larry Fitzgerald - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Fitzgerald

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Fitzgerald

Postby tling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:30 am

Ok... he's one of my favorite players. He played at Pitt while I was there for law school. He had a great season last year. But I think the expectations are a bit too high for this year.

Edge will take away WR completions (and more importantly, TDs). Boldin missed a few games last year and still managed comparable stats to Fitz. Oline sucks, and their starting RT is out for a few months. So what on earth makes anyone think Fitz can reproduce 1400/10 stats again this year?
tling
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:36 am

THrow in the fact that if Kurt Warner proves as brittle as he has been in the past, Fitz will have a rookie QB (Leinart) throwing him the ball. Those growing pains will hurt Fitz' stats.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shock Wave » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:56 pm

Yeah, he has a lot of things going against him and frankly I dont think hes gonna be as good as a lot of people are expecting (not because of his talent but because of the team hes on.) I avoid him, as well as Boldin in drafts. The only player i'll take on the Cards is Edge and thats if he falls, which he has a few times.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:59 pm

i think fitz will be a bust this year. Edge will take away touches, and Warner likes throwing to Boldin.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 pm

According to Fitz he's only gonna get better:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... d0804.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby ttwarrior1 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:27 pm

fitz did all that being double teamed and now he wont be because of edge and their line is better than last year
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:10 pm

You can't double Fitz when you have to worry about Boldin, I think the addition of Edge, will make Fitz even better, cause now defenses also have to worry about Edge catching balls. JMO

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TXLonghorns1155 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:30 pm

Fitz will be great this year, you can't get much better than last year but I think he will find a way
TXLonghorns1155
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:12 pm

I think Boldin is the true #1 on the team. Fitz is going to score more touchdowns, probably getting up into the double digits, but I have a hard time seeing him repeating his total numbers from last year. Even with 100 receptions and only 10 TDs, Fitz has this rep as a big TD guy. I'm in that camp, but I see his receptions and yardage taking a moderate hit due to the offensive philsophy changes.

Last year it wasn't as apparent who was the #1 in any given game. Boldin would 8 or 9 catches a game and Fitz getting 6 or 7 with either of them going for the occasional 10+. Fitz was more likely to a score a TD in any given week, so even with as the "WR2" in any given week he could seem like the #1. And with the huge passing attempt numbers, both guys were being targeted like goto #1 WR on other teams.

But Arizona is just not going to pass the ball 630 times again this year. And you have to remember that Boldin missed a couple games, yet he still amassed the same catch total and yardage numbers as Fitz. This year I think it could be closer to 6 or 7 catches a game for Boldin and 4 or 5 for Fitz with the occasional 10 for either. It may not be totally apparent who the #1 is, but I think the year long stats will be slightly telling.

maybe something like:

Boldin- 95/1300/7
Fitz - 85/1150/11
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Fitz did well with Warner and McCown last year, and Leinart is perhaps the most NFL-ready QB to come out of the draft in years, so I really don't care who is throwing him the ball. The problem would be if that defense gets a lot better, and the Cardinals start playing with the lead too often, but I doubt that's going to happen either. They're still a year away from being a serious contender.

Being that he's easiyl just as talented as Boldin, and Denny Green's favorite adopted son, I'm willing to bet Fitz has a huge role in that offense. Plus, he's been able to stay healthier than Boldin, who I also think will have a great fantasy year, hence I'd rank Fitz at least the #3 WR in any scoring format.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk