Can't We Still Be Friends? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can't We Still Be Friends?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can't We Still Be Friends?

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:42 pm

Interesting, but non fantasy related story about Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas...

Can we still be friends?

Apparently so.

At least that was the word out of Miami Dolphins training camp when reporters asked if defensive end Jason Taylor and his soon to be ex-brother-in-law, linebacker Zach Thomas, can co-exist.

Thomas' sister, Katina, is divorcing Taylor, her husband since 2001.

``As far as the question about the locker room, to be quite frank, I think it's ridiculous to me that anyone would even think that,'' Jason Taylor said. ``We're professionals, guys.''

Coach Nick Saban said he isn't worried about the two veterans staying peaceful.

``The guys involved in this situation are as professional as you can get, in terms of how they represent this organization, in how they respect one another, in how they played together in the past and handled any circumstances they had to deal with any time in their career, including now,'' Saban said. ``I think they have a tremendous amount of respect for each other as professionals.''
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:13 pm

Thomas knows first-hand the strains an NFL career can put on a relationship.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:31 pm

knapplc wrote:Thomas knows first-hand the strains an NFL career can put on a relationship.

Hey, it's nothing like the situation that supposedly took place in New Orleans. Rumor was that Willie Roaf, while playing for the Saints, got Joe Horn's wife pregnant. 8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
knapplc wrote:Thomas knows first-hand the strains an NFL career can put on a relationship.

Hey, it's nothing like the situation that supposedly took place in New Orleans. Rumor was that Willie Roaf, while playing for the Saints, got Joe Horn's wife pregnant. 8-o

WOW hahahahah
Snakes Gould
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crippler » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:41 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Wow, willie roaf? If the baby is 30 pounds and ugly, the rumor is probably true

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:41 pm

Hey, if they were going to fight over this it would've been when Taylor said "Hey Zach, I wanna take your sister out." I'm pretty sure judging from when they say his sister married Taylor that it was a clear violation of the male code of ethics, one punishable by severe beat down if not worse. Seeing how Thomas let that slide...
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk