Odd Caddy Note - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Odd Caddy Note

Moderator: Football Moderators

Odd Caddy Note

Postby sprawwling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Got this from the Lakeland Ledger (a S. FL paper) website, thought it was interesting. Cadillac's current MockDraftCentral ADP: 9.66

LAKE BUENA VISTA -- After missing two games and being limited in three others because of strained tendons in his left foot last year, running back Carnell "Cadillac" Williams hopes he's found a solution to prevent a similar injury this year.

New shoes.

Williams recently traveled to the Nike factory in Beaverton, Ore., to be fitted for custom shoes to wear this year.

"They measured my foot and had me do some computer running and they're going to customize the shoe for my foot," he said.

Actually, the new shoes arrived at camp Saturday morning and Williams got a chance to try them out during the afternoon practice.

"They feel real good," Williams said after practice. "Usually when I make cuts, they slide. In these shoes, I don't feel much movement in there."

After rushing for 434 yards in his first three games as a rookie, Williams suffered the injury in game four. He missed the next two games rushed for just 69 yards in three games after that.

"That (the injury) was tough on me because I do a lot cutting," Williams said, "but I'm totally over it."

Williams was sidelined with back spasms Friday, but returned Saturday and said he felt fine.
sprawwling
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Tampa Bay Buccaneers