Hasselbecks value w/ out Djax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hasselbecks value w/ out Djax

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MrTwo94 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:36 am

Crippler wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
Kellys Heroes wrote:I making offers for the 2 jakes right now (plummer or Delhomme) and trying to increase my wr depth.

You better increase something, because Hass for either Delhomme or Plummer ( :-P ), is a ripoff (and you'd be the one getting ripped.)

I really don't think the D-Jax news affects Hass's value much, if at all.[/quote]

really? I disagree. I think DJax possibly not being there could knock Hass down a few pegs on my board. Its at least a concern when you hear news like this about a great WR like Jackson.

I guess you missed the part where Jackson only played 6 games last year? I'm not saying his absence doesn't knock him down a few points but it certainly doesn't knock him down "a few pegs". If anything we should be discussing Burleson's possible top 10 finish if Jackson misses games instead of Hasselbeck's value.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vixtor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 am

Hasselbeck is experienced enough to spread the ball around and find players no matter who is out there. Engram & Burleson are good enough. His value doesn't change much at all without Jackson. Not enough to move him down, I mean.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kellys Heroes » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:47 am

I'm working on Hass/porter for Plummer/Ward. Also trying Hass/C Taylor/Hilton for Delhomme/R Brown/Graham.

I would would happy w/ either.
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Indys_time » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:17 am

DJax should be healthy enough in the early weeks of the regular season. And anyway with Burleson there his stats should not take a blow either.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:46 am

Don't forget Peter Warrick and DJ Hackett.
I'd say our depth at WR is not a problem. :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Hasselbecks value w/ out Djax

Postby swyck » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:52 am

Kellys Heroes wrote:Does it take a hit?
I drafted Hass in the 6th 3weeks ago, but w/ out Djax; I'm thinking of making a move.

How was his value last year when DJax was out?
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Kellys Heroes wrote:I'm working on Hass/porter for Plummer/Ward. Also trying Hass/C Taylor/Hilton for Delhomme/R Brown/Graham.

I would would happy w/ either.

No joke you'd be happy with either. Let's see...

Hines Ward's ADP is probably higher than Hasselbeck's and Porter is a non-issue right now with him yapping in Oakland.

And then you're trying to trade up for a late 1st rounder/early 2nd in Ronnie Brown with Chester Taylor?

The best thing is you're going to think it has to do with Hasselbeck's value and not just really lopsided trades.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ball of goof » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:55 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:
Crippler wrote:
If anything we should be discussing Burleson's possible top 10 finish if Jackson misses games instead of Hasselbeck's value.

Exactomundo. Fantasy Football Index, p. 127: "Burleson, who grew up in Seattle, looks like an ideal fit for Mike Holmgren's offense - almost like another Darrell Jackson. He has great hands, after-the-catch ability, and he's willing to go across the middle."

Of course, Burleson hasn't the same chemistry with Matt yet; but it seems to me that if -and only if- Djax misses significant time then Burleson should be able to step into the wr1 role with Hasselbeck not missing a beat. If Djax can completely recover, however, and the receiver corps stays generally healthy, then Matt's numbers could get embarrassing. Most reports tend toward the thinking that Seattle will pass more this year than last. Don't overlook the division they play in, either.

I picked up Burleson in my draft based on the fact that Matt's gonna throw those tds whether Djax is there or not. Recall that 10 receiving tds are up for grabs since JJ left town. While Burleson is built like Djax, Stevens is built like JJ: a large red zone target. I look for Stevens to also benefit from Matt's abilities and Holmgren's offense; and available late in the draft for good value.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:08 pm

I'm not sold on Burleson 100%. To me, Engram is more suited to be an every down WR. He has the best hands on the team, knows the system and QB well, and has proven to be effective in the starting role.

If not for the injury last year to Engram, he was on his way to a breakout year IMO.

1 jax | 0 | 8 79 | 0 |
2 atl | 0 | 5 77 | 0 |
3 ari | 0 | 5 54 | 0 |
4 was | 0 | 9 106 | 0

4g - 27/316/0,
avg- 6.75/79/0
season - 108/1264/0

He came back after the injury and showed more of that promise in the remaining "real" games.

9 ari | 0 | 3 28 | 0 |
| 10 ram | 0 | 6 70 | 0 |
| 11 sfo | 0 | 6 93 | 0 |
| 12 nyg | 0 | 6 34 | 0 |
| 13 phi | 0 | 3 34 | 1 |
| 14 sfo | 0 | 6 65 | 2 |
| 15 ten | 0 | 6 95 | 0 |

7g - 36/419/3
avg- 5.15/60/.43
season- 82/960/7

If we look at the games Engram played in, and compared those games to what a season long stretch at the same playing level would result in, Engram DID have a breakout year last year. At his worst, Engram was basically an 80 catch 1,000 yard WR last year over a stretch of 7 games. This was coming off the injury that caused him to miss 5 games.
And at the high end, Engram was a 100 catch 1,250 yard WR over a stretch of 4 games at the beginning of the season when healthy..

Extrapolating stats is a slippery slop, but I think many many people out there underestimate Engram as a WR and what level he was playing at last year due to JJur's 10 TD "breakout" season. They expect Burleson to fill that void and step right in where he left off in 2004 in Minnesota. Not the case IMO. Especially with relevant #4 and #5 WRs in Peter Warrick and DJ Hackett...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby planetofdamapes » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:59 pm

Engram's getting old though...Burleson's value goes up a bunch, Hasselbeck I may drop a bit, but still a top 5 QB
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
planetofdamapes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk