Plummer and Delhomme: Good Value Early? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plummer and Delhomme: Good Value Early?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Plummer and Delhomme: Good Value Early?

Postby icenomad » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:06 pm

Hey, everyone. I have a FFL on the NFL website, and my draft is coming up in about 3 weeks. I have my short list of RBs mostly figured out, but this year's QB situations are giving me headaches. In the NFL scoring system, passing TDs are worth six, so it's not necessarily to one's advantage to frontload with RBs right away.

After Manning, I'm a little disillusioned with my next few options. I don't want to risk a high pick on Palmer or Culpepper because they're coming off brutal injuries and might be shaky. I don't want McNabb either, since TO accounted for so many of his touchdown passes. I don't know how Brady will perform now that the Patriots have lost so many veteran receivers.

I am looking at picking up one of the two Jakes at QB. Would this be wise? Plummer only threw 7 picks last season, and with Rod Smith, Stephen Alexander and the new addition of Javon Walker, he has more options. Delhomme has been good in high-pressure situations, and he now has KJ in addition to SS.

Should I take one of these two, or look for someone else? Thanks in advance.
icenomad
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:07 pm

Palmer, despite injury, is definitely your best choice after Manning if youre looking to get a QB early.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:10 pm

IMO if your going to get a QB early, get Manning. Otherwise just pick up one in later rounds and help solidify the rest of your squad. Good luck.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Swami » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:12 pm

The two that i really like for later rounds are Young Manning and Delhomme.

Manning is in his third year (the takeoff year) and the sky is the limit for this kid. He has the tools and the talent around him.

Delhomme has the veteran experience and absolute amazing tools around him. He has put pretty good numbers year in and year out and you can get him much later in most drafts.
The Swami
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:19 pm

If you're looking at the two jakes, go for Delhomme. He has the threat of Steve Smith. All he has to do is throw it in the air. Look for the addition of Meshawn to help out, but not bolster the offense.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Vixtor » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:36 am

Plummer usually falls pretty far in the mock drafts I have participated in. You don't need to grab him early. He'll be available late as a steal. Also undervalued are Warner & Vick. I think Rivers & Brooks are both good backup choices in 12-team leagues.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Johnny U » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:26 am

Take Hasselbeck in the fifth round or early in the sixth, or Jake Delhomme late 6th/early 7th.
Johnny U
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sixer03fan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:05 am

i would shoot for delhomme in the 5th or 6th. he's really underrated and IMO is the best of that second tier group after manning/palmer/brady/dmac. with smith and keyshawn he has a lot of options and can be very dangerous. most of the other guys in that second tier are either on the decline or just too inconsistent in general.
sixer03fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:11 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:IMO if your going to get a QB early, get Manning. Otherwise just pick up one in later rounds and help solidify the rest of your squad. Good luck.

Agreed.

If you're choosing from the two Jakes it's no contest. Delhomme.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby maddog60 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:01 pm

If you really want Plummer figure on spending an 8th or 9th rounder to make sure you get him. That's still a bit of a reach on him, but also still great value.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk