Landis B sample tests positive - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Landis B sample tests positive

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:24 pm

No surprise here. As soon as the media gushed over how he could fall so far behind in the second to last stage and then make this miraculous comeback the next day, I figured something was up.

I to the point now that I beleive most professional athletes are on some type of performance enhancers (stuff you cant just pick up and your local GNC). I'm no longer impressed by athletic feats like I was in my younger days. I'm not saying these pro athletes dont work hard, but I wonder if a lot of us that are athletically inclined would be just as ripped and could accomplish what they do if we had the access to the pharmaceuticals that they do. (Yes we would still need the trainers, and the time to train, that these people have.)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:14 pm

:-t
What a prick...
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:53 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:I was just watching ESPN and the cycling analysis guy backed Lanis's claim that he was not on any performance enhancers. He said Landis and his team are the most by the book team out there and he would NEVER use them. Then he started talking about how many watts he used his last five hours of the tour and how it wasnt even as much as he used in practice or something. I kind of stopped paying attnetion.

Anyway I take what ESPN says with a grain of salt but that guy sure was convinced that Landis would not have used anything.

Theres a cycling analyst on ESPN? :-?

When i first heard about this controversey(the first test, not this one) i thought it was just a conspiracy like with lance armstrong last year, but obviously it wasnt.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Twisted Sister » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:43 pm

House would have caught him :-b
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:33 am

Yeah, this is really unfortunate, especially after all the other people they didn't allow to ride. If someone slipped him something without him knowing, that would be one answer...but it's virtually impossible to determine that. All they have is what they can test. If it's tainted, there's not much he can do.

I like watching the Tour, but this is ridiculous. They really need to just let everyone do roids and see who wins...I'm sort of being serious. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:54 am

confused_jake wrote:
TN_Titans_05 wrote:I was just watching ESPN and the cycling analysis guy backed Lanis's claim that he was not on any performance enhancers. He said Landis and his team are the most by the book team out there and he would NEVER use them. Then he started talking about how many watts he used his last five hours of the tour and how it wasnt even as much as he used in practice or something. I kind of stopped paying attnetion.

Anyway I take what ESPN says with a grain of salt but that guy sure was convinced that Landis would not have used anything.

When i first heard about this controversey(the first test, not this one) i thought it was just a conspiracy like with lance armstrong last year, but obviously it wasnt.

If you like conspiracy theories you can run with the idea that a French drug lab checking samples from an American who has just won France's most prestigious sporting event, and who has given the race its 11th American winner in the last 21 competitions, could have screwed with the samples and may have added a bit of extra stuff.

It is possible.

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely. What is far more likely is that Landis, feeling the pressure of his team and wanting to win, cheated.

That's much, much more likely to be true. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:26 am

knapplc wrote:
confused_jake wrote:

If you like conspiracy theories you can run with the idea that a French drug lab checking samples from an American who has just won France's most prestigious sporting event, and who has given the race its 11th American winner in the last 21 competitions, could have screwed with the samples and may have added a bit of extra stuff.

It is possible.

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely. What is far more likely is that Landis, feeling the pressure of his team and wanting to win, cheated.

That's much, much more likely to be true. :-t

I meant like how they made accusations last year that Armstrong used steroids and im pretty sure (not positive cuz i dont follow cycling) that those accusations were shot down. I thought it was the same thing that happend the first time with Landis.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:31 am

I'm sorry but I think he's being framed by the French lab. The guy tests negative how many times and then he all of sudden tests positive after what everyone said was a miracle comeback? I really don't think that anyone could be that stupid, knowing that they're going to be tested. I really think that France is extremely bitter that they never caught Armstrong when they believed that he was cheating all those years. I think that there was no way they were going to let another American win the race. When it looked like Landis was going to win I think they cheated and doctored the test results.

Just my opinion and I always love a great conspiracy theory.

And just for the record, I realy could care less about Le Tour. I just really think that Landis is being framed here. If not, he's gotta be the dumbest guy on the face of the earth to take illegal drugs when he knows that he'll be tested.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:32 am

the tour is a joke at this point

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:36 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:the tour is a joke at this point

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk