Return to Cleveland Browns

Suggs on a mission

Moderator: Football Moderators

Suggs on a mission

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:20 pm

Suggs tries to rise up Browns RB depth chart
Sean McClelland
8/4/2006

BEREA | If there's a man on a mission in this Cleveland Brown training camp, it's running back Lee Suggs.
He still can't believe he's third on the depth chart behind Reuben Droughns, a productive runner who lacks breakaway speed, and the ordinary William Green.

"Anything other than first is a disappointment," Suggs said, "but that's how they chose to make it, and I have to go with it. I was ready for it."

Staying healthy has been Suggs' problem, but if the season opened today, he would be the third-down back. That is, if he hasn't been traded by then.

"I'm out to prove them wrong," Suggs said. "I hope I stay here, but if not, maybe there will be an opportunity somewhere else."

Rookie Jerome Harrison, who rushed for nearly 2,000 yards as a senior at Washington State University, has opened eyes with his quickness and could be a threat to Suggs' security.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Jerome Harrison a major sleeper? Could be. Suggs can't stay healthy and Droughns really has no other major backup. Here's some of Harrison's bio...

Broke Ruebens Mayes' school record for yards in a season with 1,900 in 2005. A consensus All-American and top 10 finisher in Hesiman Trophy balloting. He rushed for 100-plus yards in all 11 games in 2005 as well as the last three of 2004 to set the Pac-10 record for consecutive 100-yard games. Burst onto the scene in final five games of his junior season (2004; finished year with 900 rushing yards and nine TDs and named All-Pac-10 honorable mention. Came to WSU from Pasadena CC where he rushed for back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. Originally signed with his home state Eastern Michigan out of high school.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cleveland Browns