Whats up with the RB situation in Minny? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats up with the RB situation in Minny?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats up with the RB situation in Minny?

Postby allmotorjunkie » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:41 am

Is Doug Chapman making a comeback or is Moe Williams still considered the starter?
allmotorjunkie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dalej » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:12 am

It's all about Moe...averaging more than 5 yards per carry...picking up the blitz...it's all about Moe.
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:01 am

I am a big Viking fan (the only reason I have a falcons logo, is that it looks cool!) and I can tell you with confidence that Doug will never be healthy. Every time he gets better, he gets hurt again. Moe will be the starter until Bennett comes back, or Onterrio Smith turns it on...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kwirefire » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:59 pm

Last I heard Chapman is listed as probable, but regardless of whether chapman or Smith get carries, at the goal line Moe's the Man

I don't care How cool other team logos look, I bleed purple and that's the only logo for me ;-D
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:02 pm

Moe is the man. Until Bennett comes back, Moe will see almost everything except garbage time. Then, Onterrio will get some experience points.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:18 am

Chapman is pretty much worthless. Onterrio might be too, but I expect with Culpepper ailing the Vikings will run more. I have heard Tice say he really doesn't want to use Moe all the time, he doesn't really think Moe is a guy you should give the ball to 20+ times a game. He isn't real big, and there is concern he may soon hit a wall.

Onterrio might get a few more opportunities the next copule weeks. I think these next couple games will go a long way in determing Onterrio's value the rest of the year. Chapman will still be worthless barring injury.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tomkatt » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:59 pm

In our league we can carry 4 RB's. I'm thinking about cutting Onterrio Smith and picking up Michael Bennett for the second half of the season.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtarail » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:56 pm

Do it. There's no way Tice will replace a guy he trusts who's playing great like Moe to give PT to a rookie who just might be "uncoachable" (Smith.) But once Bennett is healthy he should get the job back from Moe.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ronzoid » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:58 pm

Untill Bennet is played Moe will get the bulk of the carrys and with the huge offensive line the vikes have, he will be very productive. Chapman is liable to hurt himself sitting on the bench. Bennet is a good pickup for the 2nd half of the season
Pardon my Spelling!---I'm Drunk!!
ronzoid
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk