Return to Baltimore Ravens

Ngata sprains MCL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ngata sprains MCL

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:01 am

Ravens DT Ngata sprains MCL
Live Wire Press
8/5/2006

Baltimore Ravens DT Haloti Ngata suffered a medial collateral ligament sprain of his left knee on Saturday.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:10 pm

scared me at first...but i went and read more reports on this and it says its nothing serious and that he will only sit out a few days of practice. hey even said he could have went back in when it happened but they are just being cautious.

the first thing i thought when this happened was how almost this exact time last year we lost our second round pick cody for the season...no more of that crap please :-[
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:19 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:scared me at first...but i went and read more reports on this and it says its nothing serious and that he will only sit out a few days of practice. hey even said he could have went back in when it happened but they are just being cautious.

the first thing i thought when this happened was how almost this exact time last year we lost our second round pick cody for the season...no more of that crap please :-[

Glad its nothing serious. The Ravens D needs to preform this year, which in turn will help JLews #s and justify me spending an early pick in a dynasty. :-[

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:42 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:scared me at first...but i went and read more reports on this and it says its nothing serious and that he will only sit out a few days of practice. hey even said he could have went back in when it happened but they are just being cautious.

Glad its nothing serious. The Ravens D needs to preform this year, which in turn will help JLews #s and justify me spending an early pick in a dynasty. :-[

i think McNair will help jlew a lot more than the D. rayray and reed being healthy alone will make that defense look night and day different from what they had last year (which still finished 5th overrall in the NFL :-) )

what pick did you take jlew on? i just took him 3rd round 3rd pick in a 12 teamer.

steal.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:50 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

This is a dynasty from last year. Dumped a late first rounder on him in a 12 teamer.

Im a firm believer in a good D can produce a good RB. A great D will let a head coach run the ball more to eat the clock, giving the RB more ops, which in this case Lewis gets stronger as the game wears on. McNair will help Lewis also in making opposing Ds have to respect the pass, which never happened last season. Im hoping for a decent year from JLew this year as my RBs in that league arent exactly world beaters!!

i think McNair will help jlew a lot more than the D. rayray and reed being healthy alone will make that defense look night and day different from what they had last year (which still finished 5th overrall in the NFL :-) )

what pick did you take jlew on? i just took him 3rd round 3rd pick in a 12 teamer.

steal.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Baltimore Ravens