Ribs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ribs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ribs

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:50 pm

so i tried grilling some baby backs today. they came out pretty good, but they werent "fall off the bone", more firm yet tender if that makes sense. not sure if it was the meat quality, heat or cooking time...but i'm looking for tips if anyone has any

i applied a rub and used the indirect grilling method and cooked them for about 2 hours on a charcoal grill...coals on one side, meat on the other and sprayed them every 15 minutes or so with a mixture of the rub, vinegar and water

here are some pics

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:56 pm

Ribs, Waffle fries, and corn! ;-D My invitation to dinner must have gotten lost in the mail :,-(

Looks great DL

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby UTLonghorns » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Mmmmmm.... :-B
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby The_Captain » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:05 pm

Dang!!! That's looks really tasty!

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:06 pm

That looks awesome! ;-D

I have GOT to do corn on the grill. It looks great.

I like how you put the ketchup front and center in that pic. Gotta have your priorities in order.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:52 pm

sounds like you have a good simple rub..nice work ;-D

I always boil my ribs in the AM.....I add my vinegar, black peppercorns, red onion, bbq sauce, a wee bit of cayenne pepper and one batch with the same but I add HOT sauce...

I then baste them in bbq sauce wrap em up and refridgerate,,,till its time to BBQ later that nite.......so far so good with that one.

gawdamn those ribs look gooooooooooooooooooood
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:23 am

knapplc wrote:That looks awesome! ;-D

I have GOT to do corn on the grill. It looks great.

I like how you put the ketchup front and center in that pic. Gotta have your priorities in order.

it was just for the fries though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:28 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:I always boil my ribs in the AM.....I add my vinegar, black peppercorns, red onion, bbq sauce, a wee bit of cayenne pepper and one batch with the same but I add HOT sauce...

I then baste them in bbq sauce wrap em up and refridgerate,,,till its time to BBQ later that nite.......so far so good with that one.

boiling a perfectly great piece of meat is a sin. never ever boil meat unless it's a hot dog. would you boil bacon, pork chop? hell no. Maybe a pre bake. So even though your rib meat wasn't falling off the bone, probably because you didn't use direct heat after the 2 hours of indirect, those ribs are still looking mighty tasty.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:35 am

Redskins Win wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:I always boil my ribs in the AM.....I add my vinegar, black peppercorns, red onion, bbq sauce, a wee bit of cayenne pepper and one batch with the same but I add HOT sauce...

boiling a perfectly great piece of meat is a sin. never ever boil meat unless it's a hot dog. would you boil bacon, pork chop? hell no. Maybe a pre bake. So even though your rib meat wasn't falling off the bone, probably because you didn't use direct heat after the 2 hours of indirect, those ribs are still looking mighty tasty.

i'll have to try that next time
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:26 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:

i'll have to try that next time

;-D you won't need much and the heat should be around medium and you should turn the slab every couple of minutes for a about 4 to 6 turns basting each time. yUMM O
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk