Ribs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ribs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:39 pm

I have never grilled ribs. After looking at those tasty pictures, though, I am definitely going to have to soon.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:48 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
Canadian Seahawk wrote:I always boil my ribs in the AM.....I add my vinegar, black peppercorns, red onion, bbq sauce, a wee bit of cayenne pepper and one batch with the same but I add HOT sauce...

I then baste them in bbq sauce wrap em up and refridgerate,,,till its time to BBQ later that nite.......so far so good with that one.

gawdamn those ribs look gooooooooooooooooooood

boiling a perfectly great piece of meat is a sin. never ever boil meat unless it's a hot dog. would you boil bacon, pork chop? hell no. Maybe a pre bake. So even though your rib meat wasn't falling off the bone, probably because you didn't use direct heat after the 2 hours of indirect, those ribs are still looking mighty tasty.

B.S....

of the many ways I cook ribs...this would be my fave, nothing wrong with boiling your ribs kids ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 am

Canadian Seahawk wrote:
B.S....

of the many ways I cook ribs...this would be my fave, nothing wrong with boiling your ribs kids ;-D

Yes there is kids, don't boil your meat. :-t
connective tissue expands bones become rubbery that's why it seemingly falls of the bone, and it' makes the meat chewey. Take the time to slow cook your meat you'll have better results.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:38 am

My brother once asked me when he was about 5.

"Do baby back ribs come from real babys?"
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:06 am

I grilled a roast last night. I did a rub and let that work its way in for about ten minutes while the grill warmed up, then I slapped the roast on the grill over high flames for about two minutes per side to sear. Then I finished it on indirect heat for the next 50-60 minutes.

It turned out pretty well, really. It was medium-rare and pretty tender, although it wasn’t as juicy as I thought it’d be. That indirect heat method is really smart.

I also did the trick with the wood chips in the tin foil again. It really, really adds a lot of flavor to the meat. That’s my favorite new trick of the year. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:10 am

knapplc wrote:It turned out pretty well, really. It was medium-rare and pretty tender, although it wasn’t as juicy as I thought it’d be. That indirect heat method is really smart.

What kind of roast? did you allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes or so?
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:28 am

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:It turned out pretty well, really. It was medium-rare and pretty tender, although it wasn’t as juicy as I thought it’d be. That indirect heat method is really smart.

What kind of roast? did you allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes or so?

It was a shoulder roast, and yes I allowed it to rest - probably too long, really. The corn wasn't started yet so the meat sat for about 20 minutes before I carved it. I put it in the microwave to keep warm (not turned on, just in the smaller space to conserve heat) and I covered it with a large bowl as well.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:04 am

hmmm sometimes roasts are roasts for a reason and meant to be pot roasts and bbq roasts. live and learn. ;-D

That reminds me, i think i'll make a nice roast beef this weekend. mmmmmmm :-L :-L :-L green beans mashed taters and gravey.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 am

Redskins Win wrote:hmmm sometimes roasts are roasts for a reason and meant to be pot roasts and bbq roasts. live and learn. ;-D

That reminds me, i think i'll make a nice roast beef this weekend. mmmmmmm :-L :-L :-L green beans mashed taters and gravey.

No really - it turned out very good. I'm not complaining, I was just a bit surprised that it wasn't more juicy. It was pretty well-marbled so I thought I'd have some juice.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bearski1891 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:10 pm

never personally cooked ribs (only 15) but my mom makes them pretty damn tasty. what she does is she cooks them in a crock pot full of barbeque sauce all day and then right before we eat them she puts them on the grill for a few minutes. They taste pretty damn good and the meat falls of the bone. i dont know what she adds for spices though.
bearski1891
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk