Locks are not safe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Locks are not safe

Moderator: Football Moderators

Locks are not safe

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:01 am

check this out if you think you're safe behind locked doors or your home is safe while you're away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uv45y6v ... bump%20key
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:24 am

That is pretty crazy, the ease of it is alarming. I wonder if it works on deadbolts. Gives me something to do for the afternoon, Ill probably get arrested for trying to break into my own house. :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:28 am

mutantseabass wrote:That is pretty crazy, the ease of it is alarming. I wonder if it works on deadbolts. Gives me something to do for the afternoon, Ill probably get arrested for trying to break into my own house. :-b

I think it does. One part of the video the guy said here are nine keys with these keys I can open 90% of all locks.

I wondered if they would work on car doors and ingnitions? :-o
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:31 am

Redskins Win wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:That is pretty crazy, the ease of it is alarming. I wonder if it works on deadbolts. Gives me something to do for the afternoon, Ill probably get arrested for trying to break into my own house. :-b

I think it does. One part of the video the guy said here are nine keys with these keys I can open 90% of all locks.

I wondered if they would work on car doors and ingnitions? :-o

Car doors? probably so.

Ignitions? not if you have one of the cars that use security microchips in the keys. I don't know for sure, but I would assume they are getting more and more common these days in most cars. They were still a luxury amenity when my car was made (2002).
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:35 am

I hope the wrong doers in America find out about that. :-o
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 am

My dad is a locksmith, and I helped him for over 10 years and can pick locks and all that...

This is crazy stuff; I'm going to send that link to my dad...I bet he'll find that interesting. 8-o

Anyway, the concept is pretty neat, it creates a shear line by spreading the top and bottom pins in the lock instead of having the key with the right cuts doing it for them. Well, either way, locks are only so good...like I always say, if someone wants into your house that badly they'll just break a window. The only bad thing about this is that it leaves no trace of a forced entry. :-o

I'm really surprised with the increase of technology that pin locks are still used. You'd think that there'd be slide card locks like they use in hotels for home use these days... :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:52 am

Wow, thats pretty crazy. I'm going to go buy an alarm system...
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby knapplc » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:55 am

Mercer Boy wrote:My dad is a locksmith, and I helped him for over 10 years and can pick locks and all that...

This is crazy stuff; I'm going to send that link to my dad...I bet he'll find that interesting. 8-o

Anyway, the concept is pretty neat, it creates a shear line by spreading the top and bottom pins in the lock instead of having the key with the right cuts doing it for them. Well, either way, locks are only so good...like I always say, if someone wants into your house that badly they'll just break a window. The only bad thing about this is that it leaves no trace of a forced entry. :-o

I'm really surprised with the increase of technology that pin locks are still used. You'd think that there'd be slide card locks like they use in hotels for home use these days... :-?

They have these, but there are ways around them, too. Didn't you watch Terminator 2? :-D

It's getting to the point where you can’t sleep at night anymore – oh, wait, I don’t! :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:16 am

knapplc wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:My dad is a locksmith, and I helped him for over 10 years and can pick locks and all that...

They have these, but there are ways around them, too. Didn't you watch Terminator 2? :-D

It's getting to the point where you can’t sleep at night anymore – oh, wait, I don’t! :-o

oh yeah and don't forget about Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:03 pm

i still don't get how they make them, but its pretty cool.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk