The One Week "No MySpace" Challenge... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The One Week "No MySpace" Challenge...

Moderator: Football Moderators

The One Week "No MySpace" Challenge...

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:43 pm

One of my good friends from school basically bet me to go without being on MySpace for an entire week. He also told me to block every girl's AIM name I have talked to on there for the same period of time. I accepted the challenge since I don't like to shy away from bets that I think I can win. ;-D

I'm not allowed to look at my page, pick up messages, leave comments, or anything of that nature. The only thing I'm allowed to do is say what happened if someone actually calls me on the phone asking why I haven't been on MySpace for a while.

I've gone almost four hours now, and it's starting to get to me...I have a non-picked up message left to someone that I'd like to see what the reply is, but I'm not allowed to look!!! :-o :-o

Man, I'm glad I don't smoke...by the end of this I might have to start - then I can try to get rid of THAT habit. :-°

(Incidentally, this pretty much means I'll be on the Cafe for at least eight hours a day for the next week. :-) )
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:33 pm

I think you might have some sort of an addiction ;-7
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UTLonghorns » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 pm

I've gone months without it.

You can do it! ;-D
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby thatonepoorkid » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 pm

yeah my girlfriend made me make a myspace and i cant do it. I just dont see the point in talking to friends online when i can just call them up.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:48 pm

Sounds like a rough addiction, but I've never seen the big deal about Myspace. Checked out a few pages awhile back, but I guess old farts like me just don't belong there. :-b

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:59 pm

Proving you can quit 'if I really wanted to'. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:14 pm

Yeah, he wants me to realize there are other things I can do with my time. I probably spend around 3-4 hours a day on there if not more...most of that time was spent here before, but I have sort of switched my priorities in the past few months. Of course, although I am trying to meet some girls, I'm really not getting anywhere with them. :,-(

The problem is this - I think he wants me to like, go out and meet girls "the normal way" which I really think is quite impossible given my current living (at home) and work (swing shifts) situation. He also says I need to pursue other things that interest me. I would like to focus more time on music, and I have been doing that anyway.

The end product (or what he envisions for me) is me only going on there twice a day for no more than 30 minutes at a time, leaving comments, posting in my groups, writing a blog, and updating my page. Considering it takes me at least an hour to write most of my blogs, I don't see it happening. :-/

So like I said, I'll be on here a LOT more this week. But at the same time it's good because it's almost time for me to start getting ready for fantasy football drafting and what-not. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:28 pm

It'll be swell to see you here more. Although, we run the risk of an even more heinous and disgusting avatar. MySpace's loss is our... gain? :-?

J/K!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:42 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:I've gone months without it.

You can do it! ;-D

Mercer's gone years without it.

Guess it will be time for 80s music trivia and online poker again than dude? :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:58 pm

Wow did you guys see the chick that posted on MBs myspace today!!! 8-o

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk