The One Week "No MySpace" Challenge... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The One Week "No MySpace" Challenge...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:24 pm

danleroi22 wrote:What happens if you win the bet? What happens if you lose? Those are the real questions here.

What happens if I "win" - I realize that I can go without being on MySpace for like 5 hours a day. I don't actually "win" anything. :,-( Especially since after that I'm supposed to try to limit my usage to 30 minute doses twice a day...which isn't going to happen.

What happens if I "lose" - I don't know, I guess my friend gets to berate me for being weak.

So as you can see, the real point is this is not all that exciting, but it has created a four page thread at the Cafe, which is cool. B-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:25 pm

I C.

Way to go if you've survived this long... ;-D
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:11 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
knapplc wrote:Try to restrict me from the Cafe, though - that would be pretty hard! :-o

Oh, come on Knapp. That would be fun. :-b

Sure, in a twisted, sadistic sort of way.

Have Moonie keep posting pictures of that emaciated woman and I may consider it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canacuna » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:49 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I left you a comment, MB.

Scared? I coulda said ANYTHING.

Well, the only thing I'm scared that you posted was the reason why I'm not there...I sort of don't want anyone knowing why I haven't been on there until the week is up, and then I can explain myself...so otherwise, no biggie. :-)

He did mention it... :-/

Eh, I 'spose I can delete that part. But my naked pictures will STAY!
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:44 am

Canacuna wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
Canacuna wrote:I left you a comment, MB.

Scared? I coulda said ANYTHING.

Well, the only thing I'm scared that you posted was the reason why I'm not there...I sort of don't want anyone knowing why I haven't been on there until the week is up, and then I can explain myself...so otherwise, no biggie. :-)

He did mention it... :-/

Eh, I 'spose I can delete that part. But my naked pictures will STAY!

Yeah, those were definitely scary. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:03 am

OK, I have read through this and some have mentioned why would you go on http://www.myspace.com :-b , but how about this -- would you guys be able to stay away from the cafe for a week :-? I know I wouldn't be able to. Not trying to hijack your thread MB but I thought this would've come up in 4 pages :-b Congrats on accepting the bet and I hope you make it, but you should really check out some of those messages ;-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:51 am

I assume you're talking about giving up a site for a week where you actually had net access all the time and couldn't just take a vacation where you have no chance of logging on. :-)

Well, I'm sure I could go "no Cafe" for a week also...same principle would apply, just using willpower. Being a moderator though, that's something I really don't want to do because I'm supposed to make sure the place doesn't go haywire.

Sad thing is - last time I went to Vegas I paid $10 to log into the Cafe for 30 minutes. 8-o :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:05 am

dream_017 wrote:OK, I have read through this and some have mentioned why would you go on http://www.myspace.com :-b , but how about this -- would you guys be able to stay away from the cafe for a week :-? I know I wouldn't be able to. Not trying to hijack your thread MB but I thought this would've come up in 4 pages :-b Congrats on accepting the bet and I hope you make it, but you should really check out some of those messages ;-)

Just that time it was down for the server change was tough! :-o
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:09 am

dream_017 wrote:OK, I have read through this and some have mentioned why would you go on http://www.myspace.com :-b , but how about this -- would you guys be able to stay away from the cafe for a week :-? I know I wouldn't be able to. Not trying to hijack your thread MB but I thought this would've come up in 4 pages :-b Congrats on accepting the bet and I hope you make it, but you should really check out some of those messages ;-)

I mentioned that like two pages ago. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:17 am

knapplc wrote:

I mentioned that like two pages ago. ;-)

I could stay away (assuming all my cafe drafts are complete), but it would pretty much mean staying away from the internet as a whole. I pretty much just check email, fantasy scores, and the Cafe. Other than that, I don't have much use for the internet.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk