DeMeco Ryans the MIKE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Houston Texans

DeMeco Ryans the MIKE

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeMeco Ryans the MIKE

Postby Crimedogg32 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:12 am

Meco’s the mike: Eight days into training camp, rookie linebacker DeMeco Ryans looks to have emerged as the starting middle linebacker for the Texans. When Houston drafted him in the second round this past April, they knew they drafted a player who could play both inside and outside. It appears that Ryans has found a home in the middle, at least for now, as he spent most of Saturday running with the first team defense. For Ryans, it’s not the speed of the game that he’s worried about, it’s the defensive calls that he strives to get better at every day.

“I’m still working on it,” Ryans said. “It’s kind of difficult at times because there is a lot going on. Each day, I try to get better with one call here and there. By the end, I should have it all down. I don’t take it all in at one time because it’s just too much to memorize at a fast pace.”

Regarded as one of the sharpest players on the team by the coaching staff, Ryans is quickly becoming a great student of the game. That’s one asset of a solid middle backer, but leadership is another, and Ryans continues to work on that as well.

“I’m prepared to do that (be a leader),” Ryans said. “It’s just a matter of going out there and getting the respect from the guys, going out there, making some plays and being accountable to my teammates. If I’m accountable to those guys, I think they’ll take on the leadership I’m trying to provide a lot easier.”

First off I think this is great news for Texans because he has alot of talent and I also think he is a huge sleeper for IDP leagues
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby whodey#9 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:53 am

hmmm on paper it looks like the Texans might have a Defense this year. ;-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrtexansfan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:11 am

The Texans will be improved on both sides of the ball (not that it should take much to be better). Williams and Ryans should both make an impact on D with the dbacks being their biggest weakness. The offense will be the most improved aspect for them as the o line will be better for several reasons and David finally has some weapons.
mrtexansfan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:35 pm

whodey#9 wrote:hmmm on paper it looks like the Texans might have a Defense this year. ;-D

we had a defense last year. They just ended up playing a game and a half in every 4 quarters. This was because the offense sucked so badly.

look at the number of games the Texans were still within reach of winning when the 4th quarter started.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Houston Texans