Roster help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roster help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster help

Postby e-man » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:45 pm

I only have one TE and DE on my team at this time. (NFL.com) Two weeks ago I dropped my back up TE and DE to pick up a couple of RB's Clinton Portis and Kevan Barlow. I dropped Byron Chamberlain and the Steelers DE.

I felt with Chamberlain hurt and a bye week in two weeks I could pick up some RB's to look at. The hope was to wait a few weeks and see if one of them would become a starter. Well Portis in now starting in Denver.

In week 8 I will need to pick up both a TE and DE. Chamberlain is now healthy and plays against a bad Detroit team. ( I hope you Detroit fans don't mind that comment, check out my helmet and you will see I am in the same boat.) Should I pick him up now. I have no shot of getting anyone off of waivers.

Team

QB Bledsoe
RB Holmes,Alexander
WR Tim Brown, P. Price
TE McMichael
K Feeley
DE Dolphins

Bench
QB Brunell
RB C. Garner, Portis, Barlow
WR C. Chambers. K. Johnson

Who would you drop Barlow or K. Johnson. I think Chamberlain will be my best choice for a Back up TE. Barlow still has some upside left in him. RB's get hurt and good backups are hard to find.

Or do you wait and just pick up a TE and DE in week.

]
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:19 am

I'd wait your team is stacked at RB maybe trade Portis for Tony G. if he has poor game. Portis should do well this week. Also maybe trade for good D like Tampa or Phili. Right now your bench is to strong to drop anyone.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk