I have always wanted to attend the WCOFF, but with four kids the funds just arent' there for me to attend. So I have started up a Challenge League with 48 participants. Each person pays in $65 and the top overall winner walks away with $1900, enough to cover the entry fee for the 2007 WCOFF which is the primary intent of this league. The rules are very similar to the WCOFF so you get to practice the format for a year before you ultimately win the league and attend the REAL THING in 2007.
This is the second year we are doing this. Last year's winner is participating again so you have the opportunity to knock him off his perch. (By the way, it's the team named 'Blitzing Buddahs') We have 25 open spots remaining.
The draft is scheduled to begin on August 18th at 6pm. It's an e-mail draft which should take about 10-14 days.
The rules for the league are copied below. If you are interested just PM me or e-mail me at mailto:Commish@tdffl.com
The TDFFL Challenge I is exactly what the name implies, it IS a Challenge! There are 48 total teams, divided into 4 sub-leagues of 12 teams each, all competing for one overall winner who takes home a Super Bowl Replica Trophy and $1900! The purpose of this league is to allow you to get into a league relatively cheaply ($65) and compete for a chance to win enough to enter the WCOFF in Las Vegas in 2007. This 48 team league mimics, in many ways, the WCOFF so that you get the chance to practice within the WCOFF format prior to attending the REAL WCOFF in 2007. All you have to do is compete against the other 11 owners in your sub-league (designated North, South, East & West) and finish within the top four of your league. If you manage to do that then you get to compete against the top four finishers from the other three sub-leagues in a 16 team race to score the most total points over a four week period. If you have ever wanted to attend the WCOFF in Las Vegas and haven't been able to afford it, this is your big opportunity to get in for $65 and prove you have what it takes to win the Top Payout!
Complete Rules & Format
****IMPORTANT**** These rules are an exact replica of the WCOFF rules with a few exceptions. These exceptions are mostly minor changes to adapt to a 48 person competition and a non-live draft. Beyond that the scoring rules, no trade rules, and the overall concept of top performers from sub-leagues remain the same.
1. Overview: The TDFFL Challenge I will consist of four leagues, each composed of 12 teams / managers. The TDFFL Challenge I regular season will extend from NFL Week 1 through NFL Week 11. Each sub-League will hold a Wild Card Playoff Game on NFL Week 12. This Wild Card Playoff Game will be between the 2nd Best Remaining Win/Loss Team vs the 3rd Best Remaining Total Point For team. Each sub-league (North, South, East, & West) will automatically send the top three teams to the playoffs under the following criteria.
Seed #1: Best Overall Win/Loss Record
Seed #2: Highest Points For Team
Seed #3: 2nd Highest Points For Team
Seed #4: Winner of the Week 12 Wild Card Playoff Game between the 2nd Best Remaining Win/Loss Team vs the 3rd Highest Remaining Total Points For Team.
2. Draft: All four sub-leagues will hold their draft via e-mail draft through the MFL site. The start date is Friday, August 18th at 6pm EST with a timer of 12 hours per pick. Each sub-league will be composed of 12 teams and each draft will last for 20 rounds, with each team selecting a player in each round in a serpentine fashion (Team 1 through Team 12, Team 12 through Team 1, Team 1 through Team 12, etc). There are no rules governing the number of players to be drafted at each position. It is up to the skill and draft strategy of each owner to decide.
time limit per pick: If a participant does not make a selection in the allotted time, he is passed over until the next participant makes a player selection.
trading of draft picks: NO TRADING ALLOWED.
3. Roster Requirements: Maximum of 20 players.
4. Lineup Requirements: Starting lineups will consist of 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 Flex Player (RB, WR, or TE) / 1 PK / 1 DEF. If no Week One lineup is submitted, the Commish will determine your starting lineup. After Week One, if no starting lineup is submitted, your starting lineup will be that of the previous week regardless of byes).
Lineup Submission: All lineups may be submitted on the league web-site and are due by 1:00 pm ET on Sunday for ALL Sunday games. The only exceptions are for players involved in games earlier in the week. Those players must be submitted into lineups 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the game.
5. Scoring: An individual offensive player on any active WCOFF starting roster will be credited points for scoring in the following manner, unless otherwise noted:
Yards passing divided by 20 (e.g. 215 passing yards = 10.75 fantasy points).
4 points for every passing TD.
Minus one point (-1) for every interception thrown.
2 points for every 2-point conversion.
Yards rushing divided by 10 (e.g. 89 rushing yards = 8.9 fantasy points).
6 points for every rushing TD.
2 points for every 2-point conversion.
Yards receiving divided by 10 (e.g. 112 receiving yards = 11.2 fantasy points)
6 points for every receiving TD.
1 point for every catch.
2 points for every 2-point conversion.
d. All Other TDs:
6 points for any TD scored by recovered or returned fumbles, laterals, or any other means by which a skill position player (QB, RB, WR, TE, or K) is awarded an individual TD, except kickoff and punt returns. No rushing or receiving yardage is awarded for a TD returned on a fumble.
1 point for every Extra Point
3 points for every FG of 1 – 39 yards
4 points for every FG of 40 – 49 yards
5 points for every FG of 50+ yards
f. Team Scoring (Defense/Special Teams):
1 point for every sack
2 points for every team takeaway (interception or fumble recovery)**
6 points for every TD (via interception return, fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked FG return, missed FG return, blocked punt return)*
2 points for every safety
5 points for every shutout ***
2 points for allowing between 1- 5 points ***
1 point for allowing between 6 – 10 points ***
* TDs scored on “fake” FGs or “fake” punts do NOT count as Defense/Special Teams scoring. TDs scored by the offensive team after a blocked FG or blocked punt do NOT count as a Defense/Special teams score. TDs scored on a double-turnover only count for the individual player who scored the TD, not for the team.
** A double turnover is considered points for the recovering team’s defense and ST. Thus, an example, team A’s offense fumbles and team B’s defense recovers, but then fumbles the ball back to team A’s offense. In that scenario team A’s defense and special teams (along with team B’s defense and ST) are both awarded a fumble recovery.
*** Any and all points scored against a team are considered points scored against the special teams and defense. Thus, as an example, a turnover by the offense that is returned for a TD is considered as points scored against the special teams and defense.
6. Point Calculations: Team scoring will be carried out to the hundredth (e.g. a team may score 94.75 points).
7. Free Agents: Any player who is not on a team roster within your sub-league is considered a free agent for that sub-league.
8. Free Agent Acquisitions: The free agent system will be a 'blind bidding' process. Each team will start with $1,000 free agent 'dollars' for the season, and will be permitted to bid for free agents on a weekly basis. No team will be informed of any other team's free agent bids until after the winning bids have been awarded. The team with the highest bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. For each winning bid, the winning team must drop a player to make roster room for the free agent acquisition. If a teams' free agent dollars go to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents).
9. Bidding Time Frame: The bidding process starts after the completion of Week 1 and ends prior to Week 11 on Friday, November 17th, 2006 at 5pm ET. Bids will be accepted on the sub-league site from Tuesday at 9am ET until Friday at 5pm ET in each of those weeks. Rosters will be updated before 11pm ET Friday night with the results of all successful bids. There will be no free agent pickups after the completion of the TDFFL Challenge I regular season.
10. Conditional Bids: Conditional bids can also be offered. In the event you may lose out on a player, you can place conditional bid(s) for other players during the bidding time frame. The first conditional bid will become relevant only if you lose out on the first bid. Subsequent conditional bids will become relevant only if the previous conditional bid fails. Bids do not require conditional bids. Bids may have several sequential conditional bids, but may not include bidding on the same player more than once.
11. Number of Bid Limits: There is no limit to the number of bids each week in which bids are permitted.
12. Tied Bids: If there is a tie, the team that receives the player will be determined in order by:
Total Points Scored
Overall Win Percentage
13. Available Players: Teams may acquire players not on any roster within their sub-league, with one exception. Players cut from a team after Week 9 may not be re-acquired by any team. This is done to minimize potential collusion.
14. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed.
15. League Structure: Each team in a league will play all other teams in that league once over the first 11 weeks of the NFL season. That 11 game schedule will constitute the TDFFL Challenge I regular season.
Week 12 Wild Card Game: Week 12 of the NFL season will determine each league Wild Card Team by means of a single Wild Card Game. The two participant in the Wild Card game will be 1) the team with the 2nd Best Win/Loss Team vs 2) the 3rd Highest Remaining Total Points For. The winner of this game receives the fourth playoff spot for the sub-league.
The tie-breakers for the best records in each sub-league after 11 games are:
Total points during the regular season
Head-to-head won/lost record.
Total Quarterback points (starting QBs week 1 through 11)
Total points in weeks 10 & 11.
If there is a tie for the highest point leader in a given sub-league, the aforementioned tie-breakers 2-5 will be used.
If there is a tie in a Wild Card Game, the tiebreakers are:
Total points during the regular season.
Head-to-head in the regular season.
Regular season won/lost record (weeks 1-11)
Quarterback points (starting in League Championship Game)
Total points in weeks 10 & 11.
16. TDFFL Challenge I Fantasy Playoff Berths: All 12 playoff Finalists, plus 4 Wild Card teams will qualify for the Championship Bracket Playoffs. The Wild Card Teams will be the winners of the Wild Card Games played in Week 12.
17. World Championship of Fantasy Football Playoff Format: Each of the 16 playoff teams will be seeded based on their total fantasy points for the regular season. Furthermore, each team will begin the playoffs with their one-game average point total from the regular season. (Take the Total Points from Week 1 through 11, divide by 11 and that is each teams One Game Average). This gives an advantage to the teams that performed best in the regular season. The TDFFL Challenge I playoffs will extend four weeks from NFL Week 13 through NFL Week 16. Payout winners will be awarded on the basis of total points scored from Week 13 through Week 16, plus their one game average point total from the regular season. The team with the most total points will be crowned the TDFFL Challenge I Champion.
18. Miscellaneous Information: All 'total points' means total starting lineup points.
19. Payout Information
Overall Playoff Winner = $1,900 + Super Bowl Trophy
Playoffs - 2nd Place = $200
Playoffs - 3rd Place = $100
Playoffs - 4th Place = $65
Playoffs - 5th Place = $65
$3120 = Total Pay-IN
$2330 Cash Payout
$100 - Super Bowl Trophy & Postage to mail it out
$240 - Site Fees (4 MFL Sites)
$106.08 - Paypal Fees ($2.21 x 48 teams = $106.08)
$343.92 - Fee for running the league (11%)
Read my league site (http://www.TDFFL.com) for full info on me.