Commish needs help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commish needs help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby big shot » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:12 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING ME fergason adds nothign ot either team. whos the idiot that drafted gramatica second round. mike anderson could be big if portis goes down
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:21 pm

with whats in front of me,,,,,,,,,it looks fine to me. you have a kicker (whatever),,,,,,and a wr who would rot on anyones bench for a guy who may or may not get the start this week,,,but when he does start he is a top 10 rb,,,I say its a go.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:18 pm

What you do is start some rumors about one brother saying stuff about another brother...and so on...then you shouldn't have to worry about them trying to help one another.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jeru » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:23 pm

9er Fan wrote:I don't see anything wrong with that trade. It's basically a waiver pickup and an underachieving kicker on his BYE week for Anderson. Anderson is probably a top-5 RB on weeks Portis doesn't go. He will probably be insignificant, but he has the potential to win a fantasy championship for you (if Portis were to get seriously hurt). You cant say that about Ferguson or Gramatica.

If people have a problem with 4 brothers playing in a money league, they should have been addressed before the season.

The problem though is, he probably invited this type of reaction by contesting a trade that wasn't the least bit unfair, and probably wouldn't even be closely scrutinized if the same trade was made between two different teams. I think trades should be contested only in extreme cases, where it's blatantly clear one team is taking advantage, because if you contest every trade you just open a huge can of worms that can result in it being impossible to get any trade done in the league, and will eventually end up ruining the fun of the league.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jeru » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:25 pm

Sharx wrote: I also do not let a new manager that joins (who knew someone already in the league and "nrought them in) to be allowed ANY trades to take place until after 1 season. It has never been a problem in my league 7+ years going strong. Gotta nip that collusion in the "hiney" asap or it will fester until it destroys your league.

I don't like the idea of not letting new managers that join a league make trades for at least a year. All that does is it eliminates some of the fun that they have, and it also puts them at a severe competitive disadvantage. What if their starting QB goes down, and they need to pull off a trade to replace him? Is it fair that he can't do that yet other teams in the league in the same situation can?
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk