Getting screwed... ** UPDATE ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Getting screwed... ** UPDATE **

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm working on the rest of the league with the intentions of coercing a discount on this year's entry fee to make up for this...

That sounds reasonable. Then all you have to do is kick their a***s in year one of the "new league". All in good fun, of course. :-D

Hope it works out for you. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:26 am

Ouch, bad luck. :,-(

Hopefully you get that discount.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:54 pm

Just to make this little soap opera even more messy, now the commish has back-tracked on the idea and has issued a statement that we will NOT be doing a total reset and will be continuing with the 4-keeper format...

So far 5 owners have chimed in that they are not happy with this response - 2 who have good reason (their keepers and/or salary situations suck) and the other 3 I think more because they had already started to make draft plans based on a complete redraft...

What a cluster fark...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby BeefSandwiches » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:42 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Just to make this little soap opera even more messy, now the commish has back-tracked on the idea and has issued a statement that we will NOT be doing a total reset and will be continuing with the 4-keeper format...

This is good for you but sort of bad for the league IMO. I agree that the rules should stay as they as are or at least with some modifications with respect to owners like yourself who played well within the rules. The problem here really lies with the commish - he sounds like he is trying too hard to please everyone and can't make up his mind...the hardest part about being commish is making tough, unpopular decisions for the good of the league.

lmcjaho wrote:So far 5 owners have chimed in that they are not happy with this response - 2 who have good reason (their keepers and/or salary situations suck)

Not a good reason, they were playing within the sames rules as you and put together a bad team - tough beans. :-t

lmcjaho wrote:What a cluster fark...

You can say that again... :-D
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:05 pm

Keeper and dynasty leagues fall apart real easy when you don't have a detailed rule sheet.

"My team sucks, I quit".

"You changed the rules, I quit".

"You're cheating, I quit".

"MY wife is having a baby, I'm a complete pansy of a loser who doesn't deserve to play fantasy football or own a penis, I quit".
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dadd » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:21 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Keeper and dynasty leagues fall apart real easy when you don't have a detailed rule sheet.

"My team sucks, I quit".

"You changed the rules, I quit".

"You're cheating, I quit".

"MY wife is having a baby, I'm a complete pansy of a loser who doesn't deserve to play fantasy football or own a penis, I quit".

Thats seems to trip right off of your tongue easily..... ;-)
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:39 pm

Expansion Draft......BRILLIANT!!!
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:50 pm

FanFootHeadBusta wrote:Expansion Draft......BRILLIANT!!!

The problem with this is that there are owners who (admittedly through their own action/inaction) will be much worse off than the expansion franchises if we do this, and they might chose not to participate, possibly killing the league...

Here is my proposed solution (as sent to my Commish for a decision later today) to try and balance things so as many people are as un-pissed off as possible:

Those who want to keep 4 can do so. Those who do not, whether they are new guys or returning owners, keep 2 instead and do a small mini-draft for 2 rounds to set their 4 up. There is not a team in the league that can honestly complain that they don't have at least 2 guys worth keeping, so this will help to appease those who are upset at the competitive balance issue. It will also allow the new owners to put a bit of a personal stamp on their teams. And those of us who are quite happy to go to war with our 4 can still do so...

Contrary to what BeefSandwiches read into things here, the Commish is actually more of a Dictator rather than a Conciliator, so he may nix this idea just because it rewards those who have been whining ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moose_ffc » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:03 pm

pangbones wrote:I would be furious as well. You can't just change the rules, when people, like yourself, built their team with a set of rules in mind. They should make the changes a year from now, that way everyone can do what they need to do to build their team.

Agreed. I hope they at least gave you some vaseline with that job. OUCH!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:46 pm

These are the risks you deem acceptable when you join this type of league. It sucks to be sure, and you are getting screwed, but the other new owners don't want to feel like they are walking into a losing situation either. I mean, if I saw your team I would say no way. I'm not joining a league where I have no shot at owning premier players because they are already kept before I got there. I may as well just shell out the entry fee and burn it in my firepit for the next 2-3 years. No fun at all. Now, you should be able to recoup some of your monetary losses though. I would say that anything that you can prove was a move for this year should be refundable. If it was just a drop a D pick up a D kind of thing, your out of luck there, but picking up a Willie Parker or something off the wire (doubtful, but I'm just trying to make a point) would be a refundable transaction.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk