RATING the available RBs for Week 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RATING the available RBs for Week 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

RATING the available RBs for Week 4

Postby Challie » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:15 am

With the injured week 4 RBs (Portis, James, Henry, Faulk - am I leaving anybody out), here's my depthchart of one-week RB pickups - based on who might be available (so I'm not listing A-Train, Mack, C-Mart, Hambrick, etc. or anybody who's already been the featured back).

Also, I'm not listing Michael Pittman who's emerging in TB but has a week 4 bye.

1) LAMAR GORDON - Will have great stats for 4-6 weeks ... and am I the only one who's suspicious of Faulk's November post knee surgery?
2) MIKE ANDERSON - As of right now, Thu AM, probably the only guy really worth considering for a start besides Gordon in week 4.
3) SHAWN BRYSON - He's starting to seem like the guy in Detroit, for what it's worth.
4) JAMES MUNGRO - Even though Rhodes is listed officially as Edge's backup, Rhodes is just now coming off an injury and has not been on the active roster yet this year.
5) JOE BURNS - I think Henry's going to play. But it seems like Travis is right where Portis was 1 week ago with the ribs. If Burns gets any kind of chance while Sammy Morris is still hobbled, it's not a stretch. Also worth trading to a Henry owner.
6) TJ DUCKETT - Is he available in your league too? I hate RBBC so much that I have him below Bryson and haven't picked him up -- but it seems like he's healthy and people have forgotten him.
7) QUENTIN GRIFFIN - Keep your eyes on Mike Anderson's health. But could still have workable numbers if he doesn't start in a possible rout of Detroit in Denver.
8) LAMONT JORDAN - Not available in my league but has a much better shot at scoring than the guys below here.
9) DOMINIC RHODES - He is listed as Edge's backup. But RBBC? Is he actually healthy? Why wasn't he on the active roster in week 3?
10) RICKY WILLIAMS - Aka "the other Ricky Williams." Too many backs in Indy.
11) CORRELL BUCKHALTER - Remember a month ago when people were drafting him in middle rounds? Til Andy Reid gets things cranking in Philly, me putting him on this list just tells me I should stop before I list Adrian Peterson or DeShaun Foster

Feel free to add your own modified lists for FA RBs this week on this post as announcements are made and things change.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:47 pm

I like your comments on Mungro and Rhodes. I've been watching this situation closely since I'm an RB short this week thanks to byes and would love to have someone I won't have to worry too much about. I always thought Mungro was the guy, but Edge's owner last night picked Rhodes up off waivers and left Mungro behind. I'm tempted to get Mungro myself and give it a whirl...

Someone to add to your list.... Marcel Shipp. OK, he plays for the Cardinals and is stuck behind the old man Emmitt, but remember what he did last year when he played? With Arizona's passing game going better than expected (thanks to Boldin) and Emmitt just getting older and older, Shipp is someone that you could start and get some points from now and who could be starting himself for Arizona soon and playing big.

I'd love your feedback on my WR post. Thanks!
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:10 pm

I'm hoping the situation is right for Mungro to get the playing time he deserves. He tore it up against Philly last year when filling in, and still continued giving life to the bleak running game the Colts had the week after that and for some reason they kept giving him the ball less?!? He's got the talent and with Edge unable to recover from his injuries, Mungro could be the spark this offense needs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:07 pm

If your league counts return yards for players then Brandon Bennet deserves a look. He is averaging over 100 yards total per game so far. As far as Bryson goes I have heard disturbing rumbles out of the Lions compound that Gary will be given the opportunity to run against his old team. ??????

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk