With the injured week 4 RBs (Portis, James, Henry, Faulk - am I leaving anybody out), here's my depthchart of one-week RB pickups - based on who might be available (so I'm not listing A-Train, Mack, C-Mart, Hambrick, etc. or anybody who's already been the featured back).
Also, I'm not listing Michael Pittman who's emerging in TB but has a week 4 bye.
1) LAMAR GORDON - Will have great stats for 4-6 weeks ... and am I the only one who's suspicious of Faulk's November post knee surgery?
2) MIKE ANDERSON - As of right now, Thu AM, probably the only guy really worth considering for a start besides Gordon in week 4.
3) SHAWN BRYSON - He's starting to seem like the guy in Detroit, for what it's worth.
4) JAMES MUNGRO - Even though Rhodes is listed officially as Edge's backup, Rhodes is just now coming off an injury and has not been on the active roster yet this year.
5) JOE BURNS - I think Henry's going to play. But it seems like Travis is right where Portis was 1 week ago with the ribs. If Burns gets any kind of chance while Sammy Morris is still hobbled, it's not a stretch. Also worth trading to a Henry owner.
6) TJ DUCKETT - Is he available in your league too? I hate RBBC so much that I have him below Bryson and haven't picked him up -- but it seems like he's healthy and people have forgotten him.
7) QUENTIN GRIFFIN - Keep your eyes on Mike Anderson's health. But could still have workable numbers if he doesn't start in a possible rout of Detroit in Denver.
8) LAMONT JORDAN - Not available in my league but has a much better shot at scoring than the guys below here.
9) DOMINIC RHODES - He is listed as Edge's backup. But RBBC? Is he actually healthy? Why wasn't he on the active roster in week 3?
10) RICKY WILLIAMS - Aka "the other Ricky Williams." Too many backs in Indy.
11) CORRELL BUCKHALTER - Remember a month ago when people were drafting him in middle rounds? Til Andy Reid gets things cranking in Philly, me putting him on this list just tells me I should stop before I list Adrian Peterson or DeShaun Foster
Feel free to add your own modified lists for FA RBs this week on this post as announcements are made and things change.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")