Porter to come back for week 5?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Porter to come back for week 5??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Porter to come back for week 5??

Postby emaja » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:22 am

Found on Yahoo...

According to the Contra Costa Times, Jerry Porter said Wednesday that he intends to play against the Bears on Oct. 5, only 23 days after undergoing hernia surgery. "I don't want to practice, I want to play," Porter said. "I know (defenses) can't just stack up against us when I'm in there."

Even though he is on my team, I hope that he doesn't rush back. I want a fresh, healthy Porter for the playoff push.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:30 am

I hope he makes it back ASAP. The Raiders sure need him.

I'm looking at starting Javon Walker weeks 5-7 to cover byes for Holt, Ward, and Chad Johnson. That was supposed to be Porter's job.

He said after surgery he wouldn't be out as long as expected. Other people have undergone hernia operations and only been out 3 weeks. I think another player just had a sports hernia operation last week and was expected out 3 weeks. He had a double hernia thing going on I think, not sure if that would make the timetable longer.

I don't think the original injury could have been that bad. You'd think that would have been caught by team doctors, and not mis-diagnosed as a groin strain.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk