Sig Needed.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Sig Needed....

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby South Park Cows » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:55 pm

Nothing against Plindsey, but I like how a guy could get for 2 sigs made for him within a month and all hell breaks loose. But when a mod comes along and just requests a single sig everybody jumps at the chance of making him one and all of a sudden he has a huge selection to choose from. Why can't some of this energy be put into those unfilled requests.
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:03 pm

no offense to you either SPC...but i am more inclined to make sigs for people that i know are going to stick around the cafe. the latest sigs i have made have been for vets (danielrp and bgbootha). honestly i am selective on who i make them for....mostly because i know my work doesnt go to waste. in the past i have spent a couple of hours on at least a couple of sigs that the requestor didnt ever even show back up to retrieve. this situation is different than requesting a sig and then turning around and requesting a different sig right away...plindsey is saying up front that many people can make it and he will choose from them, so its not like everyone thats making doesnt know the risk that their sig might not be used.

you can say the same things about the tourneys that are going on....that all time making hundreds of sigs for those should go to unfilled requests also....or that all the time spent critiquing them could also....

im not trying to argue with you SPC, but you were here back in the day when we used to make a lot of sigs, do you not remember this happened then too? all of us always jumped on the vets requests....
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby South Park Cows » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:54 pm

I agree with that bro, but I was talking more about how 5 guys took the liberty to make him a sig. At least one of those guys who took it after 2 were already made could've used the time and effort to do sig for somebody who isn't getting the royal treatment.
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 pm

yeah i see where you are comin from...i actually was going to make one too until i saw how many there actually were already.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:55 am

Hell I was gunna make him one SPC! :-b ;-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Postby Crippler » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:15 am

Nike wants Kobe Bryant to wear their shoes...not someone who sits on the bench.


Same thing
Image

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:56 am

deluxe_247 wrote:no offense to you either SPC...but i am more inclined to make sigs for people that i know are going to stick around the cafe. the latest sigs i have made have been for vets (danielrp and bgbootha). honestly i am selective on who i make them for....mostly because i know my work doesnt go to waste. in the past i have spent a couple of hours on at least a couple of sigs that the requestor didnt ever even show back up to retrieve. this situation is different than requesting a sig and then turning around and requesting a different sig right away...plindsey is saying up front that many people can make it and he will choose from them, so its not like everyone thats making doesnt know the risk that their sig might not be used.

you can say the same things about the tourneys that are going on....that all time making hundreds of sigs for those should go to unfilled requests also....or that all the time spent critiquing them could also....

im not trying to argue with you SPC, but you were here back in the day when we used to make a lot of sigs, do you not remember this happened then too? all of us always jumped on the vets requests....
exactly, I was the very first one to say I would make it so don't jump on me here, but I too prefer to do it for the cafe vets that I know aren't going anywhere and will truly appreciate the work.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:21 am

Crippler wrote:Nike wants Kobe Bryant to wear their shoes...not someone who sits on the bench.


Same thing


FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:exactly, I was the very first one to say I would make it so don't jump on me here, but I too prefer to do it for the cafe vets that I know aren't going anywhere and will truly appreciate the work.


I've already said that's not what I was talking about. :-?
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby citybirds27 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:17 am

guys we don't need to talk about this, me and steeler39 are new to sigmaking and just needed some practice, I knew that my sig wasn't going to last, but I learned a lot new stuff because of making it.
Image
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2060
Joined: 9 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:24 am

citybirds27 wrote:guys we don't need to talk about this, me and steeler39 are new to sigmaking and just needed some practice, I knew that my sig wasn't going to last, but I learned a lot new stuff because of making it.


I wasn't even trying to argue and that's great for you trying to get some practice... but whatever. I guess some people here can't read.
Image
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:36 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact