QB situation: Brunell or Campbell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

QB situation: Brunell or Campbell

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB situation: Brunell or Campbell

Postby Danskins22 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:52 pm

Im a diehard redskins fan .. however, I really dislike Mark Brunnel.. Washington is missing a solid, young quarterback ... Hopefully Campbell can get in some playing time and prove himself as a good QB that Washington will grow with in the future.. However, Daniel Snyder is always buying somebody.. he needs to buy a decent QB
Danskins22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB situation: Brunell or Campbell

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:30 am

Danskins22 wrote:Im a diehard redskins fan .. however, I really dislike Mark Brunnel.. Washington is missing a solid, young quarterback ... Hopefully Campbell can get in some playing time and prove himself as a good QB that Washington will grow with in the future.. However, Daniel Snyder is always buying somebody.. he needs to buy a decent QB

I too am a a diehard skins fan. One thing I've learned, Joe Gibbs is whole hell of a lot smarter than me when it comes to assessing pro caliber talent and coaching a football team. He drafted campbell cause he knows he will be an excellent QB, but right now gibbs and saunders feels that Brunell gives this team the best chance to win. And it seems that Campbell is relegated to the 3rd team behind Collins.

And I don't think Danny is just buying names anymore now that Joe is here. He's getting what ever joe wants and thinks is best for the Redskins . .. . HAIL
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:38 am

I dont know too many skins fans that thought the original move of taking Brunell was a good idea. Last year, I was truly surprised by him though - and I think you at least have to give last year a "success" rating.

That being said, I still don't see the arm strength, and his accuracy (since this is supposed to be his strength) has not overtly impressed.

With Gibbs, experience counts for a lot, but I'd hope that Campbell would be given a fair shot. Heck, that interception that brunell through last night was NOT smart.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:37 am

Well, first off, I think that Campbell should be #2 instead of Collins, who didn't play since 1998 i believe. Campbell is mobile in the pocket, has a strong arm, and is getting more accurate by the second. In last night's preseason game there were times when he looked good and times when he looked bad. For this year, I would start the season with Brunell at QB but if things start going downhill and Campbell is ready, I would go with Campbell. Next year is definitely Campbell's year though.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PrOuD_SkInS_FaN » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:12 pm

presonally i am not really a big fan of brunnel because he is inconsistant. like alot of people i was surprised by the quality and and consistancey of his pla last year. but the mark brunnel i saw yeasturday looked similar to the one of 04, and as for campbell, i think he should be promoted to the #2 qb spot after his performance last night and collins lack off. hes alot better this season then he was last year, and if he keeps progressing like this i think he can have somewhat of a productive year next season
AKA PrOuD_KnIcK_FaN
cutting out a render-15 mins
finding stocks-10 mins
picking a text-5-20 mins
loosing to Wicked 3 times-priceless
PrOuD_SkInS_FaN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics Expert

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:25 pm

Brunell won't make it to hte end of the season as the starter. Gibbs has always ben one to put the best QB forward, and time has caught up to our boy Brunell. I would think that Campbell has caught on to the system by now, hopefully he can get some time under center early in th eseason in real games, to bolster his experience for when we'll need him later on in the season. Collins may be listed at #2 for now, but that doesn't mean a thing.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:41 pm

Brunell has one year left in him (I hope) but Im excited to see Campbell next year. He's got a great arm and it looks like pretty good pocket presense as well.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:55 am

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:Collins may be listed at #2 for now, but that doesn't mean a thing.

It may be one of those situations where Collins is the "in game" #2, but if brunell was to actually miss a start I could see Campbell jumping Collins on the depth chart.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:02 am

definately campbell looked way better than collins on sunday. he will get the oportunity this saturday to start behind brunell, thus giving him better talent to play with. collins is pooh pooh.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins.14 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:19 pm

Brunell must be started for the whole season, he understands the offense and has much more experience than the other quarterbacks. He will have a good season.
Redskins.14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Washington Redskins