QB situation: Brunell or Campbell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

QB situation: Brunell or Campbell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:30 pm

Redskins.14 wrote:Brunell must be started for the whole season, he understands the offense and has much more experience than the other quarterbacks. He will have a good season.

Hopefully they get Campbell in there as much as possible in mop-up duty, to ge thim thta experience. I doubt that Brunell will be able to make it through the whole season without some injury, at his age.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins.14 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Yea i agree, brunell has a pretty good chance to be injured. I just hope that Cambell can be the quarterback of the future and have a good career and lead the skins to a lot of wins.
Redskins.14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SkinSFan22 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:28 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums, Redskins.14 and STaylor21! The more Skins fans, the better.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:31 pm

Joe Gibbs has loved Brunell from day one, and whatever Joe loves I love. no brainer for me. Campbell will have his day soon enough.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby ksinghas » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:16 pm

Here's an amusing story.... Last year all through preseason i was telling everyone i know that Ramsey would finally pan out if he had a fair shot. My girlfriend, who knows little about the skins other than their names said... ahh Ramsey is a scrub... Brunnell will be the starter for the year and will lead the team if they are successful this year. What happens... Ramsey gets a WWE clothesline in the opener against the Bears and Brunnell steps in to lead the team to the playoffs. So i must come out and say i was a HUGE doubter of Brunnel and what he could do... Thank god Gibbs seen what he seen in him. Hopefully he will groom Cambell into taking the starting role next year.

PS: Although she seemed to be right last year, I fail to listen to any of her predictions for the 06 season... Maybe next year ill smarten up lol.
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:33 am

Gibbs_Wagon wrote:
Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:Collins may be listed at #2 for now, but that doesn't mean a thing.

It may be one of those situations where Collins is the "in game" #2, but if brunell was to actually miss a start I could see Campbell jumping Collins on the depth chart.

I think the above is what's going to occur.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01422.html
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:19 pm

As long as Brunell is healthy, he's one of the best NFC QBs, in my opinion, because he doesn't screw up like almost all the others do. When hurt, he's awful.

I hope he can play all the way to the superbowl.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:39 am

At this point, Brunell has an under-30 QB rating. Simply, the Skins can hardly do worse at QB, and it's time to bring in the guy you traded to draft who's had over a year to learn the ropes.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:38 am

skinsfan wrote:At this point, Brunell has an under-30 QB rating. Simply, the Skins can hardly do worse at QB, and it's time to bring in the guy you traded to draft who's had over a year to learn the ropes.

they can do worse by leaving him in.
you're right, play campbell soup.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:55 am

mark the date and time...
the qb controversy has begun.
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Redskins