Terror plot to blow up 10 airplanes foiled - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Terror plot to blow up 10 airplanes foiled

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:24 am

Flux wrote::-o

I always get frustrated at airports when it takes too long to get to the plain with all the checks and such, but im really glad they do it...

I agree, and I seem to be one of those people who gets "randomly" pulled aside for a little more "thorough" search and that can be pretty annoying.

Hell if keeps the planes safe I'd take a body cavity search. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:44 am

knapplc wrote:I'm taking my wife and daughter to Europe in three weeks.

Kinda makes you a bit nervous. :-o

I'm heading to Germany in 5 weeks and assume this is going to make the international travel extremely painful now.

:-t

It will all be worth it though once the sweet taste of Oktoberfest beer hits my mouth.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gablefan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:26 am

Awesome i just bought plane tickets for me and my pregnant wife for the Steelers home opener. Now She will probably wig out! 8-o Bin laddens boys better be ready to throw down if they want my plane! :-#
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:30 am

gablefan wrote:Awesome i just bought plane tickets for me and my pregnant wife for the Steelers home opener. Now She will probably wig out! 8-o Bin laddens boys better be ready to throw down if they want my plane! :-#

I'm no hero but I can tell you this - if someone tries something on the plane I'm on, they'd better be ready to take me out first. I would do everything I'm physically capable of to defend my wife and daughter.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:48 am

More big time shit. How I long for the days when all I had to worry about was wether or not the Soviets would start a nuclear war. Today, I know there had been threats like this over the last century, but what a great existence it was when the govt was able to "foil" this crap with me none the wiser. Selfishly, I wish 09/11 had never happened so I could continue to have my govt sponsored head-in-the-sand mentality. The wife and I had fluid plans to visit Ireland next year. Neither one of us are 100% sure we'd have been willing to take the risk. Whatever risk percentile we were at, it is definitely shrinking.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:49 pm

knapplc wrote:
gablefan wrote:Awesome i just bought plane tickets for me and my pregnant wife for the Steelers home opener. Now She will probably wig out! 8-o Bin laddens boys better be ready to throw down if they want my plane! :-#

I'm no hero but I can tell you this - if someone tries something on the plane I'm on, they'd better be ready to take me out first. I would do everything I'm physically capable of to defend my wife and daughter.

I could see Knapp going Brad Pitt on the terrorists a$$!! ;-)
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:01 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I could see Knapp going Brad Pitt on the terrorists a$$!! ;-)

Welcome to Fight Club ;-D
ImageImage
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Metroid » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:31 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:More big time shit. How I long for the days when all I had to worry about was wether or not the Soviets would start a nuclear war. Today, I know there had been threats like this over the last century, but what a great existence it was when the govt was able to "foil" this crap with me none the wiser. Selfishly, I wish 09/11 had never happened so I could continue to have my govt sponsored head-in-the-sand mentality. The wife and I had fluid plans to visit Ireland next year. Neither one of us are 100% sure we'd have been willing to take the risk. Whatever risk percentile we were at, it is definitely shrinking.

Yeah its a tough balance, wanting to experence new a different places but at the same time wanting to keep you and your family out of danger.

Limiting what you do in life because of fear is no way to live.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk