Cowboys looking for a WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys looking for a WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 pm

That surprises me the Cowboys are looking for another WR. I just read that some undrafted rookie is making a huge splash in camp and has biddied up to TO and so on. Parcells was even praising the kid in a press conference. Now they bring in the joke that is Fred-EX?????

I really hope the Niners sign Freddy just so I can heckle all of my buddies who are whiner fans here in Cali....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:01 am

biju wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The guy is the Tab Cola of NFL wideouts. Looks like the real thing, but tastes like crap.

That made me laugh hard and audibly snort. :-D

that's awesome...is that better or worse than a Fresca?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
biju wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:The guy is the Tab Cola of NFL wideouts. Looks like the real thing, but tastes like crap.

That made me laugh hard and audibly snort. :-D

that's awesome...is that better or worse than a Fresca?

Ugh, Fresca might take the cake. There's always Squirt. But I'll save Squirt for Maurice Drew.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:49 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Why on earth would anyone outside of Canada be interested in Freddie Mitchell. The guy is the Tab Cola of NFL wideouts. Looks like the real thing, but tastes like crap. The Niners could at least ask Jerry Rice to come back before they invite Fred-Ex.

what are you doing tasting freddie mitchell>??? :-? :*)
Snakes Gould
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:39 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Why on earth would anyone outside of Canada be interested in Freddie Mitchell. The guy is the Tab Cola of NFL wideouts. Looks like the real thing, but tastes like crap. The Niners could at least ask Jerry Rice to come back before they invite Fred-Ex.

Haha... funny analogy there. Why would Canada be interested in him either though?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jayday » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:02 pm

Kelley Washington is on the trading block/chopping block....I don't expect Squirrel Man to make the final cut....He doesn't play special teams and Tab Perry/Bennie Brazell/Antonio Chatman can more than make up for him as the 4th WR....

And it's not like Kelley isn't talented, he is, Cincy is just starved for roster spots and he is one-dimensional....I could see him starting on at least 5-6 teams, he'd be the #3 in Dallas though....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby fantasizing » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:24 pm

jayday wrote:Kelley Washington is on the trading block/chopping block....I don't expect Squirrel Man to make the final cut....He doesn't play special teams and Tab Perry/Bennie Brazell/Antonio Chatman can more than make up for him as the 4th WR....

And it's not like Kelley isn't talented, he is, Cincy is just starved for roster spots and he is one-dimensional....I could see him starting on at least 5-6 teams, he'd be the #3 in Dallas though....

So does that mean C. Henry is the legitimate #3 receiver in Cinci? He's not sentenced to any prison time? yet?
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jayday » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:35 pm

fantasizing wrote:
jayday wrote:Kelley Washington is on the trading block/chopping block....I don't expect Squirrel Man to make the final cut....He doesn't play special teams and Tab Perry/Bennie Brazell/Antonio Chatman can more than make up for him as the 4th WR....

So does that mean C. Henry is the legitimate #3 receiver in Cinci? He's not sentenced to any prison time? yet?

He hasn't been to trial for any of them yet....I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss some time this year, not jail time, suspension....

The guy has more natural ability than Chad....Chad knows it, but he wouldn't admit it....Both he and Carson went and campaigned to Coach Lewis to give Henry another shot....If they're willing to do that, I suppose I could as well, but we'll see....For what it's worth, he looked outstanding in the intersquad scrimmage....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby monkey69 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:47 am

jayday wrote:
fantasizing wrote:

He hasn't been to trial for any of them yet....I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss some time this year, not jail time, suspension....

The guy has more natural ability than Chad....Chad knows it, but he wouldn't admit it....Both he and Carson went and campaigned to Coach Lewis to give Henry another shot....If they're willing to do that, I suppose I could as well, but we'll see....For what it's worth, he looked outstanding in the intersquad scrimmage....

I was wondering how he is still on their squad with all of the legal problems and likely suspension. I guess if Johnson and Carson both lobbied for him that could explain a lot. So much for Lewis bringing discipline -- show that in the NFL - if you have talent you can basically get away with anything.

On another note - if the Boys traded for Kelley Washington - likely with one of the surplus LB that they have -- what role would he play since he doesn' t do ST -- he would be the WR#4/5 and Parcells likes those positions to play ST -- that is why Terrance Copper is still around
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:39 pm

monkey69 wrote:
jayday wrote:
fantasizing wrote:

I was wondering how he is still on their squad with all of the legal problems and likely suspension. I guess if Johnson and Carson both lobbied for him that could explain a lot. So much for Lewis bringing discipline -- show that in the NFL - if you have talent you can basically get away with anything.

On another note - if the Boys traded for Kelley Washington - likely with one of the surplus LB that they have -- what role would he play since he doesn' t do ST -- he would be the WR#4/5 and Parcells likes those positions to play ST -- that is why Terrance Copper is still around

That's exactly why Dallas won't trade for him. If you're a backup in Parcells' system you play special teams, period.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk