Mike Bell=wayy overrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Bell=wayy overrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Bell=wayy overrated

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:58 am

Alright, why is everyone so high on him all of the sudden? He's nothing more than a potential third-down back in the NFL (yes, even in Denver), and most likely nothing more than that. I know he's "starting" right now, but that means nothing. He was undrafted and ran a 4.63 40. Am I missing something here?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gablefan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:07 am

What was E. Smiths 40 time? Priest's? Look those up then come back to me.

Side Note: I am not on the Bandwagon of Mike Bell, but I am also not on the Bandwagon of 40 times making a good Running Back.
Last edited by gablefan on Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:16 am

people are on his bandwagon right now because if he is the starter...hes going to get 1000 yards...its pretty much a given whoever denver sticks into their offense...they will have 1000 yards....they almost had 2 1000 yard rushers last season....there are alot of yards to spread there....if he is getting the most...he is a great addition to any team
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 am

I attribute it to offseason boredom/upcoming season excitement. Nobody will be drafting Bell when the time comes. At least not before their Ks and Ds.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:26 am

Sixxgunn wrote:I attribute it to offseason boredom/upcoming season excitement. Nobody will be drafting Bell when the time comes. At least not before their Ks and Ds.

Good point. I think it's more of a talk thing than a "do thing."
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:31 am

If he's named the starting RB going into week 1, I'm drafting him. If he's earned the job after training camp when everyone gets a shot, why should I expect anyone to take it from during the season when the starter gets most of the reps in practice.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:36 am

even if he is named the starting RB going into week one, i dont for once second believe he will keep the job for any extended amount of time. i mean, we are talking about shannahan here....

the fact that he is the starter right now in a great RB system and can be had off the WW for nothing is what makes him exciting IMO....until i see this guy play, i wont really put too much stock in him.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 am

I'm in a strong Cafe Keeper lg whos draft is on as we speak and as of now (5.1) he has gone undrafted. Thats 80 players gone before him so far and I don't see him going too soon. Check out the league.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=230518

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:48 am

deluxe_247 wrote:even if he is named the starting RB going into week one, i dont for once second believe he will keep the job for any extended amount of time. i mean, we are talking about shannahan here....

I guess I'll never get the "can't trust Shanahan" stuff. Last year Mike Anderson got the job week one and kept the job the whole year. Yet people wouldn't touch him because they feared Bell would eventually take the job from him for whatever reason. Never happened. Bell got his mix of carries but it Anderson played enough to make himself a top 10 or 11 RB. For a 6th rounder (where I usually drafted him), that was darn cheap.

Go look at Shanahan's history of RBs in Denver I posted here:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... c&&start=0

When he switches backs it's mainly because the starter got hurt.

I've seen enough nobodys run for 1,000 yard seasons in Denver to know that it doesn't take any special talent to play there. If Mike Bell locks up the job by week 1, the coaches probably feel he's the best shot they have a rushing the football.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:01 pm

Terrell Davis was a 6th rounder; look how he turned out. if he's the starter going into the season, i see no reason why he wont keep the job. either way, in most of my leagues he's worth the risk of the late pick i use on him.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk