is Jamal Lewis finished? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is Jamal Lewis finished?

Moderator: Football Moderators

is Jamal Lewis finished?

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:54 pm

Why did I draft him 6th overall in last years keeoper!!!!???? Horrible mistake. (Got Portis at 19 so I guess I'm not feeling too bad)

anyway...came across this blurb on rotoworld and it made me spit my morning coffee at the monitor:

Jamal Lewis (hip) was another surprise player to start camp on the PUP list. There is a segment of the football world that believes he’s already done. While I’m holding out hope, this isn’t a great sign that his physical problems are in the past.

does jamal have anything left? Or is he Preston Wilson in pads?
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Jamal Lewis started the Raven's first scrimmage? Jamal got put on the PUP due to a hip flexor, but he came off it almost 2 weeks ago?

How old is your info?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:57 pm

I think this season will tell all. If he comes back, then he is back. If he busts again, then his career as a #1 back will go with it

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:59 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Jamal Lewis started the Raven's first scrimmage? Jamal got put on the PUP due to a hip flexor, but he came off it almost 2 weeks ago?

How old is your info?

info was recently posted up on rotoworld (Im starting not to trust these guys as musch)

thanks ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:02 pm

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think he's going to have a pretty good season this year to the tune of about 1,200 yards and 8+ TDs. He's going to be the steal of the early rounds...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:49 pm

I got him in the 5th and was pleased. He's healthy again (and not trying to rehab in prison) his O-line is healthy again, and he has a decent QB to help put him at the goal-line more often. You could do alot worse in teh 5th round.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Indys_time » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:55 pm

biju wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think he's going to have a pretty good season this year to the tune of about 1,200 yards and 8+ TDs. He's going to be the steal of the early rounds...

Let me join that minority. I think he could do solid #2 and Great backup. IMO 1200yds is do-able, but 8tds the most, not 8+. He got 12TDs the one year that he got 2066yds. He could get 6-8TDs.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dadd » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:17 pm

I'm with the minority here (maybe it's becoming the majority?), but I think Jamal will have a good year.

I was reading earlier that they are working Anderson alot at FB, and Musa as the third-down back, backup to Jamal. Which is good news, since I was worried that Mike would take carries away.

I'd say it's looking good for Lewis this year.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 pm

Guess I'm in the majority. His only redeeming value right now is no competition. His defense is losing key players left and right, his offense still hasnt proven it can move the ball. He's battled injuries, and still has not shown the ability to be a receiving threat, which means he needs to break rushing records in order to have a shot at the top 5 fantasy RBs. Also, that division is getting stingier and stingier on defense. Cleveland is no longer the field day it used to be, the Bengals have a solid DEF and keep adding talent.

Jamal's upside to me is a #2 RB in fantasy, that's his upside. Really, I'd only be comfortable if he were my 3rd RB.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby johnrambo » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:32 pm

if you have any ravens on your fantasy team beside Heap they should be on the bench
" Who can make a play? T.O. can make a play." T.Owens
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk