is Jamal Lewis finished? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

is Jamal Lewis finished?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby whodey#9 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:28 pm

johnrambo wrote:if you have any ravens on your fantasy team beside Heap they should be on the bench

well said ;-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:34 pm

Ravens: Five things to know
By Clark Judge Aug. 9
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Camp tour: Ravens
WESTMINSTER, Md. -- Observations from Ravens camp:

1. With the addition of free agent Mike Anderson the question is: Who gets the carries, Jamal Lewis or Anderson? It's Lewis, and the club made it clear to the veteran running back the job is his ... and his alone. Now, the question: Who's next off the bench? It may not be Anderson, and that's not a reflection on the former Denver back. It's more about Musa Smith and how well he's played in training camp. Smith and Anderson are likely to share the second spot, but Smith "looks great," according to coach Brian Billick. "He's apt to start out as our third-down back," Billick said. "But if Jamal stays healthy and shows that he, indeed, has that step back this should be a 325- or 350-carry year. There is no reason to believe he can't regain that form."
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Posse » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:41 pm

maddog60 wrote:Guess I'm in the majority. His only redeeming value right now is no competition. His defense is losing key players left and right, his offense still hasnt proven it can move the ball. He's battled injuries, and still has not shown the ability to be a receiving threat, which means he needs to break rushing records in order to have a shot at the top 5 fantasy RBs. Also, that division is getting stingier and stingier on defense. Cleveland is no longer the field day it used to be, the Bengals have a solid DEF and keep adding talent.

Jamal's upside to me is a #2 RB in fantasy, that's his upside. Really, I'd only be comfortable if he were my 3rd RB.

I agree with your take. Are you sure you are a eagles fan? LOL J/K
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:49 pm

whodey#9 wrote:
johnrambo wrote:if you have any ravens on your fantasy team beside Heap they should be on the bench

well said ;-D

theres this guy named mason that might just surprise you this year.....especially in PPRs
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Infidel » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:42 am

Jamal started dancing anywhere near contact last year. A sure sign of death for a power RB. Let someone else be disgusted....again.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:51 am

Jamals got plenty left in the tank. There seems to be this misconception that theres an RB battle going on in Baltimore. Thats just not true. Anderson, while successful in Denver is nothing but a slower older version of Jamal Lewis. I dont expect Anderson to take carries over JLew unless he gets injured.

Lets not forget that 1 bad year doesnt signal the end for an Rb, especially one whos under 30. If not for the suspensions in 2004 Lewis would have raked up some impressive totals. In 12 games he had 1006 yards rushing and 7 TDs. Project that to a full season and you get 1341 yards and 10 Tds.

Sleeping on Jamal Lewis is a mistake this year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:45 am

Infidel wrote:Jamal started dancing anywhere near contact last year. A sure sign of death for a power RB. Let someone else be disgusted....again.

did a number of you forget that just before last year he had just went through major ankle surgery and "rehabbed" in prison. if memory serves correct, he started playing about 4-6 months before a typical recovery time...and thats compared to players that have normal rehab programs...

i wont even get started in this thread...i just know i feel pretty good about getting him in the 3rd round. im glad people think like some of you guys so it will enable me to pick a stud WR in the second and a solid 2nd RB in j-lew in the 3rd. should be a great year for fantasy ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dadd » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:55 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
whodey#9 wrote:

well said ;-D

theres this guy named mason that might just surprise you this year.....especially in PPRs

Yup, yup! I'd say even in non-PPR leagues he'd be starting. Definitely #2-3 WR.
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 pm

All of you saying Jamal is going to bounceback big need to STFU and quick!!!

I for one am extremely happy to see him slip in drafts all over the place and I don't need you guys screwing up my plans to steal him in the 4th ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dadd » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:15 pm

lmcjaho wrote:All of you saying Jamal is going to bounceback big need to STFU and quick!!!

I for one am extremely happy to see him slip in drafts all over the place and I don't need you guys screwing up my plans to steal him in the 4th ;-D

Well just make sure you don't play in any leagues with Cafe members. :-D
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk